I.T. Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Major Airline Firm
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONGOOD PM (60%) WITH SHAREPOINT! MUST KNOW PACKAGES (EX. CRM), MUST HAVE DESK SUPPORT EXPERIENCE.
Guide, counsel and, where appropriate, lead senior member airline decision makers in process of developing new technology solutions, mechanisms and processes as well as simplification of existing ones.
* Optimize use of current technology and recommend the use of new technology solutions to streamline processes, improve efficiency and maximize carrier and resources.
* Facilitate the sharing of best practices amongst business groups and foster cross-fertilization of ideas and processes.
* As directed, participate in and support other agreed alliance IT initiatives
* Lead or facilitate working groupconference calls and meetings
* Collaborate on annual ITbudget and monitor expenditure against budget.
* Collaborate on selection of IT service providers and ongoing performance management of same
* Solid experience in management of outsourced IT systems development projects.
* Solid experience in management of IT service providers
* Strong technical and project management skills, with ability to prioritise and focus on the key issues whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* Familiar with models and standards of IT best practice
* Exposure to ITsecurity issues and ongoing management of same
* Understanding of the international airline industry from a marketing, planning, and regulatory perspective *
* Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form, in particular with airline community members who are not native English speakers *
* Able to empathise with the cultural and language challenges inherent in alliance operations*