IT Director, Global Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland & Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
The IT Director, Global Infrastructure is responsible to plan, direct, and manage the IT Infrastructure operations and partner infrastructure service providers across the Alkermes sites (currently 3 sites within the US and 2 sites in Ireland). This includes the implementation and management of key infrastructure services to ensure that service levels are maintained and that business objectives are attained on a consistent basis.
* Plan and develop strategy for IT infrastructure internal and partner outsourced services to meet business objectives.
* Plan and manage the process to transform the current IT environment into an agreed-upon, future-state environment that includes the transition to significantly vendor-based resources for service delivery of Global Service Desk and key back-office infrastructure operations.
* Act as primary liaison with third-party IT global and site infrastructure services providers.
* Manage internal and service provider quality and performance to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified service levels and requirements.
* Manage internal and external service provider relationships to ensure that outsourcing contracts are successfully executed and supported.
* Manage IT infrastructure costs to ensure that internal and outsourcing initiatives achieve their planned benefits within budget.
* Manage project risks in a timely manner to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized.
* Oversee cross-site infrastructure initiatives to make the most effective use of available internal, contract, and external service provider resources.
* Coordinate infrastructure project priorities with business owners, business partners, internal/external project team members, IT application teams, and outside consultants.
* Manage and approve related business processes and SOPs for key IT services.
* Manage communications across IT management and staff personnel to ensure effective collection and dissemination of IT infrastructure initiatives.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelors degree or 3rd level degree (EU) in Computer Science or equivalent
* 15+ years in IT with progressively increasing roles and responsibilities
* 4-6 years of IT management experience
* 3-4 years of working experience managing IT infrastructure outsourcing initiatives and large external service provider partnerships
* Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable.
* ITIL knowledge, experience, and/or certification
* Ability to lead IT organizations through complex transformation activities and implementations.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Effective leadership skills for leading/motivating direct and indirect staff to desired and mutually-beneficial outcomes.
* Effective risk analysis and stakeholder facilitation to reach timely decisions.
* Strong conflict management and prioritization skills.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.