This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for monitoring and managing the System's telecommunication and data computing /voice infrastructure. This includes frontline monitoring, diagnosis and resolution for transport, wireless, network, voice issues.
* Fundamental or basic knowledge in distributed computer networks including but not limited to: routers, switches, hubs, digital transport, fiber optic transport, microwave radio, wireless, voice, SCADA systems and firewalls.
* Basic knowledge of the functionality of the Infrastructure Event Management Tools; in addition to the support tools and resources available to frontline for resolving problems including but not limited to Netcool and Telenium.
* Ability to interface and coordinate repair efforts with external telecommunications companies that SCS utilizes as partners or service providers.
* Responsible for working as a team with regional and system IT and system groups to ensure the overall integrity of the telecommunications, data, and SCADA networks and systems by providing feedback and input during troubleshooting and resolution efforts.
* Provide centralized monitoring and first line problem diagnosis and resolution for Network/Transport/Wireless.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of network devices and LAN/WAN sites.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of EMS and DSCADA wireless networks.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of digital transport equipment including fiber optic, microwave, and wireless systems.
* Monitors and supports the health and status of facility equipment including generators, battery arrays, heating and cooling equipment, tower lights and intrusion alarms.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of transport COAM and leased circuits including frame relay and MPLS sites.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of voice networks.
* Monitors and supports the health and availability of firewalls.
General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
* General knowledge of IT infrastructure components
Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
Ability to negotiate with and influence others - internally as well as vendors
* Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere
* Ability to provide and accept feedback
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Professional oral and written communication skills
Education / Experience:
* An education in Computer Science or Telecommunications and/or 2~3 years' experience in data or telecommunications computing infrastructure environments are highly desired for this position.
* An adequate knowledge and understanding of existing IT technologies and how they are utilized