IT Engineer/IT Analyst - SCADA Administrator Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
IT ENGINEER/IT ANALYST - SCADA ADMINISTRATOR SUPPORT
JOB ID 20162596 DATE POSTED 08/10/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The National Grid Service Delivery CNI department has an opening in the Gas SCADA group to support activities associated with the maintenance and administration of the Gas SCADA system.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Monitor and maintain the overall health of the gas SCADA system including workstations, servers, communications equipment and application software.
* Assures proper installation, reliability, accuracy, and maintenance of all computer hardware and support systems associated with National Grid s Gas Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
* Responsible for the design, configuration, the supervision of, installation, repair, and maintenance of the GMS servers, workstations, LAN, WAN, and ancillary equipment such as switches, terminal servers, routers, and security appliances.
* Coordinates with service/support vendors in the repair of servers, workstations, applications, database, networking equipment, and monitoring devices.
* Support system patching, log review and configuration/change management.
* Support and coordinate the repair of system outages and defects with the primary SCADA vendor.
* Maintain log collection, configuration management, and network monitoring systems.
* Involved in the design, logic coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of computer programs that will effectively and efficiently perform various control and reporting functions required by the operating area.
* Monitor device changes, investigate and document change reasons. Create security incidents for unauthorized changes.
* Ensure device logging is active and forwarding properly to the appropriate repository.
* Ensure log retention is consistent with regulatory standards.
* Coordinate with the GMS support staff and application vendors, including GMS vendors, to evaluate patches.
* Participate in department and/or cross-functional teams to complete special projects or assignments as requested.
* Participate in team meetings and conference calls to ensure awareness of ongoing activities and priorities.
* Participate in an on call rotation, providing after-hours and storm support when required.
* Occasional travel to support GMS in other regions and to attend training sessions and conferences.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or any engineering discipline with a focus in computer area.
* Experience or knowledge in Windows server and desktop operating systems and database management/maintenance.
* Must be able to analyze operational requirements in a highly logical manner and be able to recommend modifications and improvements based on a thorough knowledge of computer processes.
* Analytical ability and technical skills required to setup, operate and program sophisticated diagnostic equipment to insure system performance.
* Coordination and supervisory skills sufficient to direct maintenance and repair activities.
* Must be a proactive problem solver with a high energy level and possess the ability to quickly remedy problems as they arise. The Computer Systems Engineer must be able to respond to "out of job scope" tasks as required.
* Must possess strong writing, verbal communication and documentation skills and the ability to achieve and communicate with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to work with a variety of personnel and be conversant with both technical and business-oriented personnel.
* Competency with network security and information security concepts and technologies.
* Ability to meet pressured deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to develop long-range program plans, set goals and objectives, and decisions on program priorities and analyze program effectiveness.
FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRABLE:
* Domain Controller setup and restoration.
* Active directory and DNS
* Programming skills such as C sharp or visual basic.
* Risk assessment methodologies
* Information protection (including information classification)
* Disaster recovery planning
* General industry process control security standards
* Identity and access management
* The Standards of Good Practice for Information Security
* Microsoft Excel and Access
This position will report to the manager of GMS in the CNI organization. The position is located in Melville NY. Entry level applicants will be considered.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, ALIENAGE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, PREDISPOSING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, OR ANY OTHER FACTOR PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION UNDER MUNICIPAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL LAW. WE ENCOURAGE ALL INTERESTED, QUALIFIED PERSONS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:IS Service Delivery
:IS Service Delivery
:Aug 10, 2016, 9:16:28 AM