IT Enterprise Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosted Date
IT BI Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
The Enterprise Data Analyst is responsible for the definition and validation of data required for reporting and the interfaces to strategic applications. This role will work closely business subject matter experts in the definition data requirements and sourcing options. Within IT, this role works closely with the Applications Team Business Analysts, and the IBB, EDW and BI Teams to define, test and deliver the required data and reporting capabilities. The Enterprise Data Analyst works in cooperation with experienced analysts. Competent to work in some phases of systems, data and report analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology, data availability and reporting capabilities.
* Position will work with closely with all functional areas in IT along with Bemis corporate and divisional management in the definition and implementation of the Information Backbone (IBB) and all associated IBB related interfaces and data integrations.
* Supports the collection of business requirements for application integration and reporting.
* Writes functional requirements for the IBB, ETL and interface development, develops test plans, conducts unit & string tests.
* Identifies SAP and legacy data sources, coordinating with appropriate staff to provide data access and validation of the output.
* Develops queries, worksheets and associated documentation to support data validation responsibilities.
* Works with IBB & other development resources to confirm the requirements are being met
* Manages individual work load according to defined project plans
* Identify, report, escalate and mitigate development and testing issues.
* 5-7 years of work experience , including system development (SDLC) and project management methods; experience in global manufacturing environment strongly preferred
* Familiarity with business intelligence/analytics, current reporting technologies, ETL and database concepts.
* Bachelors degree, with an emphasis in Information Technology Accounting, Supply Chain Mgmt, or Business Administration
* Continual learner of Bemis data and reporting requirements and capabilities
* Partners with the business to define data required for IBB integration and EDW metrics, KPIs and reports
* Create report functional specifications
* Testing of all IBB & EDW data elements and BI reporting
* Creates and maintains change management documents following the SDLC process
* Participates on the best approach to pilot and deploy solutions
* Measures effectiveness of the solution and makes necessary adjustments before full deployment
* Supports knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer