IT Field Service Engineer - Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are currently looking for a motivated Field System Specialist to join the Central Territory service organization in Agilent. In the role of an Agilent Field System Specialist your primary responsibility will be providing on-site installations, maintenance, qualifications, repairs, training and consultancy services of Agilent solutions. The primary area of focus in this role will be on Lab informatics IT products that support LC, GC and MS analytical instruments where you will be responsible for the entire Central Territory of the U.S. region.
GEO Location: any location close to hub airport in Atlanta
Description of position/tasks:
* You will act as Project Manager for smaller Client/Server systems delivery and work in close relationship with Informatics Enterprise Services team for larger client/server systems delivery.
* You will spend significant amount of time working on Agilent software related products.
* You will have the authority to define priorities and request changes of a plan to serve a customer. Working in close cooperation with the Agilent Scheduler and the Customer Engineer District Manager (CEDM) related scheduling.
* You will do off-line problem verification, travel on-site in the Central Territory, interact with other team members and locates additional resources needed to respond to a customer query/problems.
* Pro-actively consults with assigned customers on a regular base, collect feedback, passes on feedback to the team.
* You will be the contact for assigned Customers around any software or application related post-sales issues.
* Maintain close relationship with assigned customers, engineers, AE and sales including joint site visits.
* Deliver scheduled class-room trainings, customized on-site training and simple systems demonstrations.
* Attend customer demos and both internal and external advanced training courses
* In periods you will be asked to support the Field Service Engineers on tasks related to the instrument - such as maintenance, repairs as they relate to our IT solutions.
* Bachelors/Master Degree or equivalent within a IT/Scientific field
* Knowledge and experience with Chromatography systems with an emphasis on software (GC, LC, GC/MS, LC/MS)
* Experience with the Agilent solutions is highly desired.
* Knowledge in IT (networking, windows domain, Client/server environment, Databases ) is a must.
* Proven project management skills
* Strong organizational and leadership capabilities
* Has proven track-record in customer support and logical troubleshooting techniques
* Ability to solve, high impact problems related to product availability; typically system/solution focused
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You must be available to travel up to 50% of the time. Willing to travel cross-country if needed.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.