IT Field Services Technician 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
As a member of Ingevity's Enterprise Infrastructure Services Group, you will be responsible for end user application & hardware support including PC workstations, printers/drivers, basic network & wireless troubleshooting, server support and level II resolution of trouble tickets while operating in a 24x7 large campus environment. In addition, you will provide advanced desk-side support, interfacing with a diverse user community and a variety of office, laboratory, and production equipment & personnel. This will include installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, support, and control of critical technology infrastructure. As a member of the Field Services Team, you will provide hands-on support for Microsoft Windows & Apple Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory & Novell Netware directory services, smart phones and wired/wireless network solutions.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Work in an ITIL-compliant Change Management environment, maintaining both personal and team SLA compliance
* Contribute in a project environment both locally-focused and enterprise-wide, and may direct others during short projects
* Participate in technology field trials. Can include direct involvement with suppliers
* Troubleshoot complex hardware and software problems and create innovative solutions
* Generate innovative recommendations and initiate technology change requests
* Participate in an on-call duty for 24x7 coverage as required by business unit operations
* Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work to aid in the on-going support of technology assets in the enterprise, including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, supporting, and controlling critical infrastructure
* Install common and standard software and hardware peripherals
* Assist with end-user questions, problems, and training
* Configure complex, third-party, networked, and site-specific applications
* Work primarily with technology assets including: single-user & networked desktop & laptop clients; desktop & network printers; application & network servers; network switches & cabling; process control clients; small databases; smart phones and other technology assets
* Act as primary contact for critical niche apps that are required to operate the business. Duties may include loading and configuring client software as well as testing and applying required patches
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* The ideal candidate will have strong IT/Help Desk/Networking skills; Technical Certification or a bachelor's degree is preferred
* Advanced experience configuring and troubleshooting personal computers including all aspects of hardware and software support in a multi operating system environment is a must
* Working knowledge of local area network computing, including Ethernet, Windows, Netware, and TCP/IP
* Exceptional customer service skills required; ability to work with and communicate effectively
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve hardware and software problems that require in-depth troubleshooting skills to determine root cause
* Ability to remove and replace defective internal computer and electronic parts in order to implement resolution to equipment faults
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
* Ability and willingness to work in a complex manufacturing environment
* Excellent with limited supervision and self-direction
* Must be able to work and function with high availability while providing 24x7 on-call coverage and respond on-site within thirty minutes
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.