IT Field Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Pompano Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91915
IT FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Works independently and is responsible for consulting with business leaders within their assigned operating division to plan, design, install, configure and maintain technology solutions that support the local business needs. Serves as the sole local go to person for all technology needs and is available to key business leaders and users on a 24 hour/day 7 day/week basis to support mission critical systems. Independently uses system analytical techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine all aspects of system functional specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides tier-two level support for all of the technology that is deployed within their area of responsibility.
* Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Responsible for ensuring data integrity by evaluating, implementing, programming and/or managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
* Administration and support of system security, including system access, virus management and security patch management.
* Implementation of software upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required.
* Responds to requests for technical assistance remaining on-call evenings and weekends for emergencies. Varied working hours may be required to accomplish technical solutions.
* Coordinates and conducts end user training sessions as needed.
* Travel required.
* Works closely with EVHC IT, operations management and field staff to provide overall system support as required for proper system operation.
* Installation, configuration and deployment of desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, modems, phones and other computing and telecommunication devices at Company's corporate office and remote operations centers.
* Installation and configuration of operating system and application software, upgrades and patches.
* General technical support of PC software products (word processing, spreadsheets, email, graphics products, communications software, etc.).
* Troubleshoots and resolves desktop and laptop computer problems and application software issues.
* Responsible for documentation and maintenance of asset inventories.
* Performs cabling connections and organize wire closet activities as needed.
* Assists with operational duties in company computer and communications facilities.
* Coordinates and schedules vendor support, maintenance and repairs.
* Assigned to specific system support as skills and training allow such as Multi-EMS Data System (MEDS).
* Functions as a team member within the IT department as well as local Operations
* Maintains and produces required reports from Technology Service Request process.
* Assist with procurement process in areas of requisition tracking, receiving, shipping and installation.
* Participates in key committees and attend meetings as required for good coordination of effort and proper communication of system status.
* Documents and revises procedures as needed.
* Assists network and telecom groups when on site as necessary.
* Subject to on-call and call-in status.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Attend Information Systems technical and security training sessions
* Report information systems security problems
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* As necessary, performs installations and upgrades to hardware, operating systems and software. Schedules and performs installations and upgrades and maintains systems in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience required.
* CSE, MCP and A+ certification preferred.
* MS Windows system administration experience preferred.
* Experience in the installation, administration, and support of enterprise systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong analytical, problem solving, teamwork and customer support skills required.
* Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with end-users, peers and management.
* Based out of Miami area with 33% travel
* Based out of Fort Lauderdale area with 25-50% travel