IT Infrastructure Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency. Daikin Applied product, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Applied's parent company, Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2013 revenues in excess of $18 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin Industries specializes in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes magazine and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
Daikin Applied Americas, headquartered in Plymouth, MN, has plans to more than double its business over the next five years. Strong product leadership through flawless introductions of the best HVAC products, ensuring price/value competitive advantage, attacking the best vertical market opportunities and maximizing distribution at improved margins are critical to Daikin Applied's continued and future success.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Daikin Applied offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. Our success hinges upon our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry global leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.
This role will work closely with the Daikin Applied Help Desk and the Desktop Support team. The intern will have the opportunity to take calls from Daikin Applied users as well as work on a variety of projects. Some examples of projects include:
* Identify and map current internal processes in Visio
* High Level training on SCCM deployments
* Tools review project -- identify and create easier ways to sort, find and report on help desk metrics
* Project Manager for a small Desktop Team initiative
* VOC Survey using Survey Monkey or similar tool -- build survey questions, analyze feedback and create executive presentation on findings
* Additional database management & metrics projects assigned as time permits
Date Internship Available
We are seeking to fill this position for an end of May 2017 summer internship. This internship will be 13 weeks in length.
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, prefer students with a 3.5 or better
* Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher) with a declared major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
* Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
* Successful record in academics and a diverse range of extracurricular activities
* Ability to work between 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship
* Advanced user of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
* Prior experience working on a IT help desk, desktop support or IT Call Center ideal
* Experience or exposure to Crystal Reports, Visio
* Ability to review, analyze, and manipulate large quantities of data
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Daikin Applied will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Addition - Summer 2017 Intern
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled