IT Infrastructure Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location : US - St. Louis, St. Louis Missouri US 63120
Job Type : Permanent
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Information Technology
Job Description :
SKF LINCOLN IS A WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURER OF LUBRCATION AND SPECIALZIED PUMPING SYSTEMS FOR INDUSTRIAL MARKETS. WE CURRENTLY HAVE AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR AN IT INFRASTRUCTURE & FACILITIES MANAGER AT OUR ST. LOUIS FACILITY.
JOB TITLE: IT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER
Unit: Lincoln Lubrication Business Unit
Reports to: Director Business Systems
Job purpose: Responsible for managing the IT infrastructure for the Lubrication Business Unit within the US. Requires management of outsourced vendor(s) to ensure that the Lubrication Business Unit requirements are met, while recognizing and interfacing and interfacing with SKF Group IT centralized contracts
Responsibility and Authority
* Key IT resource responsible for IT infrastructure supporting the Exacta Warehouse Management System. AutoStore automated storage and retrieval system and associated peripheral equipment located on-site in St. Louis, MO.
* Other duties will include but are limited to, being responsible for the integration of IT services within the facility (e.g IP telephone system, network cabling, audio/video conferencing, IP security system/cameras
* Management of service delivery to the Lubrication Business Unit through SKF Group IT contracted vendors (predominantly Hewlett Packard Enterprises and British Telecommunications)
* Manage end to end incident resolution of IT Incidents which cover multiple vendors (e.g. Exacta WHM System, LAN, WAN,WLAN and servers)
* Interact with SKF Group IT to understand contracted services and ensure the requirements of the Lubrication Business Unit are clearly understood by service providers
* Drive continuous improvements to optimise system availability, and improve operational stability.
* Act as a liaison between SKF Group IT and Lubrication Business Unit. Be aware of planned Infrastructure changes and how they may impact the Lubrication Business Unit Provide feedback regarding Lubrication Business Unit issues so that they may be considered in the decision making.
* Manage projects and realize expected benefits from intrastructure projects
* Participate in the operation of specific ITIL Service Lifecycle processes centrally managed within SKF Group IT
* Conduct all operations according to the SKF Code of Conduct, Environment Health & Safety (EHS) and Quality Policies
* Promote IT value to the Lubrication Business Unit and contribute to optimal return for Infrastructure investment.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience
* Five plus years working in an IT environment managing infrastructure support and having a customer focused approach
* Ability to deal with outsourced IT vendors supporting cricial operations insfractructure.
* Knowledge of ITIL processes preferred
* Experience with a global environment, including Low Cost countries preferred
* Excellent organizational and communctation skills
* Ability and willingness to provide hands on technology support
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs if required and be in good physical condition to perform job duties
Lincoln is an equal/opportunity/affirmative emplolyer. The preferred method of application is through our career site at SKF Jobs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical conditionor disability, please send an email to HR Jobs@skf.com or call the Human Resources department at 314-679-4200.