This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Thank you for considering Erie Insurance as a potential employer.
Erie Insurance Group is a Fortune 500 company committed to Employee development, professional excellence and career success. We view a diverse workforce as a competitive advantage, and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people we can find.
If you re looking for a paid hands-on summer internship in a growing industry with a solid progressive company, here s the opportunity for you. These positions are full-time during the summer as part of the Future Focus Program. Erie Insurance Group may be recruiting Information Technology Interns to join our team in the following areas:
IT Administrator: Networking, Database, Servers, Middleware, and Telecommunication
IT Analyst: Business Analysis, Information Security, User Experience, Testing, Data Analysis, Business Process, and Technical Writing
Software Engineer: Coding, Configuration, and Implementation on many Different Platforms
IT Interns under close supervision, will assist the IT division with projects and support day-to-day work objectives; in various IT departments. Successful candidates will be selected based on business need and relevant qualifications.
Please indicate what type of internships you are interested in/qualified for when completing the specific questions. Erie Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to type and enter data.
* Ability to operate a computer and general office equipment.
* Good organizational skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Good research & analytical skills.
* High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
* Pursuit of Bachelor s degree with completion of sophomore year in a relevant field required.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
* Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software preferred.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Often (20-50%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Frequent (50-80%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.