IT Leader - Producer Management Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented IT Leader - Producer Management Systems to join the Life Insurance Division in Lynchburg, VA. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation
This person will be responsible for strategic development, implementation, oversight and direction for the Licensing & Commissions IT team in supporting the Term Life Operations across the Licensing, Commissions and New Business functions. Working collaboratively with senior leadership within the Licensing & Commissions Operations team, as well as other key leaders and corporate partners, the selected IT Leader will be accountable for driving team performance to achieve firm objectives that support the mission and goals of the Lynchburg Term Life operation.
* Manage the Licensing & Commissions IT team members
* Work with Lynchburg IT team and Operations to develop appropriate technology driven business solutions as relates to Licensing and Commissions processing and administration
* Work with larger Lynchburg IT and Pacific Life IT Teams on “dev ops” techniques and helps implement them within the Lynchburg Term IT team
* Serve as primary liaison for Licensing/Commission-related projects and development opportunities with Licensing/Commissions, New Business and IT
* Manage system issues reported on a daily basis to ensure appropriate and timely resolution through ownership, accountability and follow-through
* Lead the research and analysis of system issues to identify root cause (RCA) thereby developing subject matter expertise and long-term resolution on process and system
* Manage the implementation and support of all technical interfaces with other PL platforms and 3rd parties as applicable
* Monitor system controls and processes to ensure smooth operations by providing team with direction in meeting business expectations, timely resolution of reported issues and appropriate escalation paths/processes
* Communicate/coordinate/escalate system problem reporting and resolution with all stakeholders in Operations and IT
* Provide technical support to team and business partners by answering questions on system transaction processing and system problem resolution
* Develop and manage to system/platform upgrade plan to ensure continuous vendor support as applicable and technology remains current/supportable
* Provide metrics and other reporting of transactions and processes as necessary
* Motivate the team. Provide appropriate recognition and rewards. Manage compensation in accordance with Pacific Life’s compensation program and individual team member's knowledge, skills, abilities, and performance levels.
* Optimize the team's structure, career paths, and roles.
* Take the lead in recruiting and selecting talent for open positions on the team.
* Promote workplace cohesion and maintain a positive work environment.
* Provide a point of escalation for project issues, answer questions, make recommendations, and take corrective action
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* 2-5 years IT Team leadership experience
* 10+ years technical experience including disciplines such as application design, coding, testing, and systems maintenance
* 2-5 years of experience in insurance industry, preferably in Life segment or comparable
* Understanding of the relationship between insurance carriers and agencies
* In-depth understanding of software development technologies including:
JAVA, Spring, WebServices, Cobol, Scripting
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
* Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical material to diverse audiences including application developers, infrastructure engineers and IT management
* Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and develop technical skills of staff as required
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects with cross-functional teams of professionals.
* Prior experience in a Term Life Operation or comparable business is preferred
* 5-15 years of IT Team leadership experience
* Working knowledge of Performance Plus (CSC) agent administration system
* 5-15 years of experience in insurance/financial services industry
* Exposure to CRM tools and systems and wealth preservation goals.
#LI font #LI-DD1 /font -DD1
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.