IT Manager / Storage Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION# 84090
Creates plans and manages activities, within an assigned unit/area, which optimize performance. Assesses viability of current direction/projects/operations and recommends strategies and tactics to satisfy future business needs. Foresees organizational impacts and understands the procedures associated with introducing new technologies. Coordinates activities through direct and indirect staff. Leads team in the areas of scheduling, direction, future planning and standard practices. Participates in budgeting and budget adherence. Monitors and controls quality while actively seeking opportunities for improvement. Establishes and meets scheduled milestones for deliverables. This position is required to comply with all Highmark Corporate Policies and IT Procedures and Standards.
1) Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by:
* Managing customer and expectations; facilitating, planning and meetings; translating customer expectations for staff and peers; representing Highmark with outside entities.
* Preparing written procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; collaborating and negotiating with departments corporate wide.
* Collaborating with company customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders in identifying customer requirements, assessing impacts to other areas, considering available options, comparing costs and benefits, and recommending solutions.
* Ability to create presentations and present concepts both formally from a prepared script and informally as needed. Can tailor presentations to audiences of varies levels, subject knowledge and size
2) Ensure continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area.
* Organize, direct and coordinate cross-functional activities including staff not under direct managerial control.
* Encourage innovation and focus resources to ensure successful delivery of desired results.
* Apply quantitative risk assessment to team's assignments to understand potential threats and the probability they will occur.
* Lead team in mitigating risks and applying appropriate contingency plans to ensure minimal impacts to customers.
* Adhere to internal standards and strategies.
3) Provide leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors.
* Oversee analysis of issues or needs and review recommended solutions
* Assess the impact of strategic business and technical changes on the environment.
* Responsible for managing all activities within an assigned business unit/area
* Foresee organizational impacts and understand the procedures associated with introducing new technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other teams outside area of responsibility to facilitate transitions.
4) Optimize the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
* Ability to accept direction and provide leadership to develop/maintain a high-performance work team
* Respond to feedback and champion process improvement initiatives by empowering their team to deliver quality services/products to internal and external customers
* Implement solutions that are consistent with Highmark's strategic direction.
* Keep abreast of current industry standards and trends
5) Staff Management accountabilities to include but not limited to:
* Developing and providing input to skills assessment and oversee personal development plans as it relates to career development.
* Coaching, managing and developing employees by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for employee performance.
* Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
* Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
* Provide opportunities for employees to build collaborative relationships with customers.
6) Departmental Management planning and administrative accountabilities to include, but not limited to:
* Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities.
* Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
* Ensure compliance with corporate standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc).
* Establish and use metrics as a tool to benchmark and improve operational excellence
* Develop and implement short-term and long-term departmental plans.
* Consult and evaluate vendor solutions where appropriate.
7) Other duties as assigned or requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related field .
* Five (5) years of experience in a leadership / mentoring role.
* Five (5) years' experience in planning, implementing, maintaining and growing capabilities within IT
* Three (3) years' experience in developing, communicating and presenting concepts to varying audience.
* Master's Degree
* ITIL certification
* Must be able to interface with multiple clients and application areas along with knowledge with different tools.
* Experience in budget administration and process improvement.
* Knowledge and experience in developing strategic plans.
* Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals.