This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Manager, Application Development contributes to
UniFirst success by leading the advancement of software
development, SDLC methodologies and best practices. The
role of the Manager, Application Development is to
further establish, implement, develop, and control best
practices for UniFirst foray into a near shore IT
software development model.
The Manager, Application Development will also create
formal methodologies for defining project key
performance metrics and allocating resources. Acts in
accordance with UniFirst guiding values and mission.
Leads a productive, accountable software development
team to deliver complex systems on time and budget.
Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and
practices to ensure the organization promotes a
successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and
teamwork to achieve business results.
Responsible for delivering requested enhancements,
modifications and maintenance code within required time
Supports the implementation of company programs,
procedures, methods and practices to promote UniFirst
Establishes team priorities and oversees employee
Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business
Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational
Oversees training and development of employees
directly and indirectly managed and makes effective
Conducts and ensures the completion of performance
Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to
employees in order to achieve department, company and
Establishes and maintains visibility within the
Monitors operational statistics, reports trends,
variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Foster the advancement of software development
methodologies, best practices and standards.
Oversee the development and use of policies,
procedures, templates and other shared documentation
Keep abreast of technology changes and innovations in
the information technology field particularly with
respect to SDLC practices and project management
Perform management responsibilities including hiring,
firing, conducting performance reviews, setting
performance goals, promotions, salary increases,
developing subordinates, etc.
Create and maintain staffing plans, collaborating with
other IT departments on resource allocation.
Prepare budget recommendations for staffing needs,
costs of software, tools, maintenance, etc.
Communicate status of projects to management and
stakeholders on a regular basis
Coordinate and collaborate with business units and
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or business
administration, or equivalent training and
* 7+ years supervisory experience in the information
technology, engineering fields and the ability to
direct technical work teams.
* 5+ years managing large, complex, cross-functional
projects with both business and technology focus.
* 7+ years of experience building and managing
software development teams of 10 or more members.
* 7+ years software development methodology
* Strategic critical thinking ability
* Ability to mentor and guide others through SDLC
* Experience in resource management and budget
* Knowledge of methodologies, standards and procedures
that contribute to the development and deployment of
* Skills in project prioritization, problem-solving,
issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
* Experience with various systems development
lifecycle (SDLC) practices and tools and service
management methodologies such as Information
Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
* Experience with PCI compliance software development.
* Ability to manage customer and vendor relationships.
* Builds capacity of individuals and teams through
effective employee development, involvement,
communication, and supervision efforts.
* Creates a strong, mutually supportive work
environment and culture that encourages and promotes
employee growth and development, establishes trust
and inspires others.
* Makes effective organization and people decisions in
a manner consistent with UniFirst s values and
* Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
* Champions the organization and advocates solutions
in the overall Company's best interest.
* Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and
sound judgment in the solution of problems or the
pursuit of business opportunities.
* Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and
actions on internal and external customers.
* Fosters change in company direction.
* Experience developing Java, Oracle, and .NET
* Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite integration
* Experience using agile SDLCs.
* Experience working with remote development locations
* Experience building development groups and
appropriate processes and tools.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
401K with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Supplemental Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Direct Payroll Deposit
30% Employee Discount
Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of
uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst
Corporation has grown to become one of the largest
companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 -
Best Big Companies List. With over 11,000 employee Team
Partners and more than 220 facilities throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never
just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us
apart from all other companies is that we still function
as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst,
you re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting
from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers
have come from within the Company. Opportunities are
endless for those individuals who possess a strong work
ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a
passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving
your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst
can take you.
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action