IT Oil & Gas Sales Director 8/24/2016
HirePower Personnel, Inc (HPP Staffing)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Houston, TX
The Oil & Gas Sales Director reports to the Global Business Unit VP for the Global Functions Line of Business.
The primary objective of the Oil & Gas Sales Director is to devise, manage, and deliver on a sales plan to drive sales revenue growth and open new business opportunities consistent with client growth plans for its partnerships. Achievement of this objective will require a detailed understanding of the customer's business objectives and its stakeholders by creating a corresponding stakeholder map, account plan, and an assessment of the clients' 3 year budgetary IT and Business services spend.
The Oil & Gas Sales Director has responsibility for one or more nominated sectors within the Business Line, together with a cohort of stakeholders with whom they will use to build strong and profitable relationships.
Since the client is a Global Account, the Oil & Gas Sales Director sectors and stakeholders are global and not limited geographically. The expectation is that significant time is spent at or visiting client offices, especially where key decision makers and budget holders reside. However, since most of the key stake holders are based in Houston, Texas, the preferred location for the new Oil and Gas Sales Director is Houston, Texas.
* Background in (IT) technology with wide understanding of consultancy services and outsourcing
* Progressive sales career to date with evidence of significant business wins in the Oil & Gas sector
* Need to have big consulting experience and deep domain knowledge.
* They need to be used to selling IT to O&G in the range of $10-20M per calendar year.
* Accomplished and skilled negotiator who can successfully identify, negotiate, and close contracts with sound commercial terms
* Demonstrable record of accomplishment with managing complex sales cycles within a global client environment
* Experience of structuring, winning, and managing large value contracts and annuity based sales
* Demonstrable results in growing revenues within a defined client base.
Candidate should also have an aptitude for:
* Engaging across the stakeholder range (operational to senior manager to board level)
* Strong interpersonal skills that build rapport quickly by empathizing at all levels in an organization
* High level of written and numeracy skills, with the ability to communicate effectively "hard" benefits -such as ROI together with the ability to construct creative deal structures.
* Committed to building sustainable business growth
* A high degree of resilience and tenacity combined with an optimistic and bright approach as well as positive outlook
* High levels of drive and energy oriented to achieving results
* Strong networking skills
* Diligence in managing your own account plans and individual sales pipeline.
* Established a network of stakeholders within client division