IT Operations Analyst, Military Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Provides first-level support for issues related to computers and telephones including problem determination, escalation, tracking and resolution. Assist local and remote users with resolving computer hardware, computer software, network/voice communication and connectivity issues for a 24 x 7 production environment. Provide timely reporting of IT Operations work order and inventory status. Perform network administration maintenance tasks in accordance with established procedures.
1. Accomplish work as assigned utilizing established procedures to ensure accurate tracking of all requests to the IT Department s help desk function.
2. Provide oral, written, or hands-on support to all hardware, software and telephone users.
3. Utilize working knowledge of MS Office suite, desktop operating systems, problem management systems, end-user network administration (password resets, permissions, restarting services), and basic UNIX knowledge.
4. Record, track, escalate, update calls, and close tickets thru problem management software.
5. Resolve problems using electronic tools, manuals and technical support documentation.
6. Assist with the Nortel Phone system and Meridian voicemail database maintenance.
7. Install, trace (investigate), and repair network cabling (UTP and fiber).
8. Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
9. Coordinate activities with other team members.
10. Perform general file maintenance, housekeeping, and other duties as required.
1.Minimum one (1) year Enterprise level Help Desk experience.
2.Excellent oral and written communications skills.
3.Excellent troubleshooting skills.
4.Ability to set priorities and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
5.Experience with installing CAT5 cable, 110/66 block punch downs, troubleshooting network related issues, installing and moving phone lines, and tracing voice/data cables.
6.Experience with supporting Meridian Mail, Nortel PBX, Windows 2003, Windows XP, UNIX, printer maintenance, hardware break/fix, and mobile devices.
1. Formal training on at least three (3) Microsoft Applications or OS Components.
2. CompTIA and/or MCP/MCSA certifications.