IT Operations Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLazorpoint, a Microsoft Silver Partner, has been providing technology consulting and services for over 17 years to small and mid-sized companies. Our industry focus is primarily manufacturing, distribution, professional services and consumer products. Most of our clients have operations throughout the U.S. as well as Canada, China and parts of Europe. Lazorpoint has won numerous growth awards; most notably, receiving the Weatherhead 100 award 8 times.
Our IT Operations Engineers work closely with our Project Engineers to deliver IT solutions, schedule upgrades and improve overall infrastructure performance for our clients. They also serve as an escalation point to our Service Desk team.
* Serve as the key technical resource on client projects. Some example projects that Lazorpoint completes for its clients include:
* Microsoft Exchange to Microsoft Office 365 Migrations
* Anti-Virus Deployment
* IT Environment Discovery and Assessments
* Infrastructure expansions due to client growth i.e. acquisitions, mergers, or a new branch office
* Backup and Disaster Recovery Design and Implementation
* Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
* Clustered Virtual Host Environments
* On-premise Infrastructure to Cloud or Colocation Migrations
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks on client servers, end user devices, and network equipment
* Assist the Service Desk team as a point of escalation for troubleshooting and resolving client service requests as well as acting as a mentor/coach.
* Travel locally to client sites as needed
* 5 - 7+ years Microsoft platform experience - Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server, Office 365
* Networking experience (switches, routers, DNS, TCP/IP)
* Virtualization and cloud support knowledge across various platforms and products
* Prior experience working with a Service Desk team
* Deep desire and passion for providing outstanding service
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear terms that resonate with clients
* Exceptional organization, problem solving and analytical skills
* Works successfully in a team environment as well as independently
* Prior consulting or managed services experience are a plus
* B.S. in Computer Science, engineering, business or another related field preferred
* Technical certifications from Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Citrix, etc. are a plus