IT Operations Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLazorpoint, a Microsoft Silver Partner, has been providing technology consulting and services for over 17years to small and mid-sized companies. Our industry focus is primarily manufacturing, distribution, professional services and consumer products. Most of our clients have operations throughout the U.S. as well as Canada, China and parts of Europe. Lazorpoint has won numerous growth awards; most notably, receiving the Weatherhead 100 award 8 times.
Our IT Operations Specialists are the backbone of Lazorpoint. The IT Operations team serves clients by effectively communicating, troubleshooting and expeditiously resolving end-user requests in a support desk environment. While most of their work is done remotely, there are occasions for on-site visits as well.
Below are additional functions of an IT Operations Specialist:
* Provide an excellent first touch client experience for all service desk tickets
* Own and solve tickets
* Provide a clear and efficient escalation experience for our clients when unable to resolve a ticket
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks on servers, end user devices, and network equipment
* Test and install hardware and software
* Stage new hardware in preparation for deployment into a production environment
* Document common client issues
* Work alongside team members
* Local travel may be needed
* Participate in an on call rotation
In addition to being resourceful and passionate about customer service and technology, we are also looking for the following qualities in an IT Operations Specialist:
* Preferably 1-2years professional or internship experience in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Strong ability to drive issues to resolution with research and working directly with senior infrastructure engineers
* Deep desire and passion for providing outstanding service
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into an easy to understand explanation
* Excellent organization, problem solving and analytical skills
* Work well in a team environment as well as independently
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or another related field is preferred
* Technical certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, Citrix, CompTIA, Apple, etc. a plus