IT PROJECT MANAGER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Sr. IT Project Manager
(Remote position...can sit anywhere)
Responsible, directly and through subordinates, for overseeing all activities and people associated with projects that are the most highly complex and strategic in nature, unique with enterprise-wide scope, high risk and carry a substantial impact to the bottom line. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of a major functional area, business strategies and/or the company to manage a program or series of projects associated with a major enterprise-wide initiative to obtain benefits and controls. Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
Functions include: setting high level strategy on business, product, and customer service needs; analyzing profitability, policy, programs and staffing to ensure optimal business results; initiating and directing highly complex, high risk programs or projects, including those managed by others; overseeing project staff in their identification of requirements, development of project plans and strategies, and preparation of business cases; regularly influencing and negotiating with executive management; managing task forces; overseeing program/project control and related risks; managing program or projects financials; developing and/or authorizing policies/procedures/controls within scope of program or project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies.: 10+ years project management experience.
Required (core) Skills:
* This candidate needs to have excellent communication skills and be very polished and professional
* This candidate needs to have a \\"consultant-like\\" mentality and demeanor
* This candidate needs to have solid TECHNICAL project management experience managing the full project lifecycle and working in a very structured project management methodology environment
* This candidate needs to have excellent soft skills and ability to build good working relationships cross-functionally and across other projects
* This candidate needs to be able to see the \\"big picture\\" and communicate overall program level status to upper management as well as oversee the detail at the individual project level when appropriate
* It is a CRITICAL requirement that they need to be assertive and be able to successfully \\"drive\\" their program in a consistent fashion. Not just a box checker.
Additional skills needed for this requisition:
- Ability to broker challenging negotiations with multiple executive stakeholders that may have competing/conflicting agendas.
- Thought leadership for direction setting, asking clarifying questions, identifying appropriate issues and risks, and developing effective mitigation strategies.
- Document and manage issues to resolution. Escalate as required for project success. Document program & project changes and manage program change control process.
- Experience leading large scale programs/projects dealing with regulatory compliance is strongly desired
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.