IT Portfolio Strategy Lead 9/6/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IT Portfolio Strategy Lead . This role will be responsible for setting the Enterprise IT Portfolio Strategy, as well as leading the execution of that strategy. Working within the Digital Strategy and Innovation Team, you will ensure the IT portfolio supports the overall IT digital strategy. This role has ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the Enterprise IT Portfolio, including but not limited to: Communication, Tools, Process, and Reporting.
- Manages the inflow of investments, including projects, capital and expense allocations.
- Aligns portfolio with business roadmaps and technical capabilities.
- Works with strategy teams to prioritize and plan the portfolio and investment decisions across lines of business.
- Establishes overall strategy for investment and alignment of projects and funding. Ensures a Business Value realized for each portfolio item.
- Manages the annual LRP activities and the ongoing activities to keep the portfolio evergreen. Management should include, but is not limited to: strategic mix of investments, valuation criteria and processes, and streamlined processes and template(s).
- Creates and manages execution of a comprehensive Communication Plan associated with the Enterprise IT Portfolio process. Lead direct reports to execute the Communication Plan.
- Manages the evaluation and selection of an Enterprise IT Portfolio Tool.
- Leads in the creation of detailed business processes associated with the Long Range Planning process and prioritization of projects therein. As well, lead in the creation of detailed business processes around ongoing measurement of our portfolio health and accommodating unplanned demand.
- Leads in the creation of appropriate reports highlighting the health and status of our portfolio. Candidate will work closely with the PMO Lead to align with existing Project Dashboards and status reports.
- Manages change and inspires people; helps them to be motivated to contribute to the success of the Enterprise Portfolio Process. Foster and form evangelists and supporters of the process.
- Active participation on the Enterprise IT Strategy Leadership Team, as well as the Extended IT Leadership Team
- Serves as people leader for high performing team, including the Business IT Opportunities Portfolio Manager and the Technology Portfolio ManagerQualifications:
- Masters in Business, Finance or similar discipline required
- 10 + years of related experience including portfolio management and strategic planning within a technology
-related field required
- 2 + years successful people leadership experience required
- Strong financial and operational acumen required
- Working knowledge of product development and conception through launch strongly preferred
- Strategic thinking to bring about broad long term planning with demonstrated execution
- Ability to articulate and build business cases that translate technology and investments into business results
- Demonstrated success in leading change in an organization
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to influence others and hold them accountable for previously agreed
- upon deliverables
- Fosters strategic partnerships inside and outside the organization to address business needs
- Demonstrated ability in managing complex relationships and working within a matrix organization