IT Process/ Writing Specialist I 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
SUMMARY: Applies principles and standards of process disciplines in support of small to medium scale and complexity projects and operations initiatives to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and requirements with quality and integrity. Ensure all documents generated during these activities follows process management best practices and are properly stored.
1. Manage customer s expectations.
2. Communicate process information to stakeholders.
3. Educate stakeholders on process management.
4. Assist in the training of new staff on processes.
5. Provide advice to management.
6. Lead process-related meetings.
1. Assist Project Manager with estimating project cost.
2. Assist Project Manager with defining project benefits.
3. Validate consultants (contract labor) deliverables.
4. Manage all items related with process cost control
5. Update process cost information
1. Assist with defining process standards and templates to one of our core process areas: Communications, Testing, or Training. This is not an exclusive list as additional processes will be added as the office matures.
2. Establish the framework to implement the standards.
3. Define and implement an adoption strategy.
4. Adhere to standards and procedures defined by the Portfolio & Process Management Office.
5. Maintain the process site.
6. Update process documentation.
1. Plan and organize process activities.
2. Coordinate and execute process related activities on major projects and key operational initiatives on:
i. Create, produce and distribute communication material.
ii. Lead project team and staff in development, coordination and publication of communication material.
iii. Function as primary pre-publication editor for major communication campaigns.
iv. Ensure content meets branding, writing standards, and style guides.
v. Coordinate scheduling and logistics for major communication campaigns
vi. Contribute to the development and delivery of communications plans.
vii. Assist in strategizing on communications and marketing campaigns.
viii. Serves on related task forces and committees as directed.
ix. Plan and deliver education courses.
x. Assist with defining the communication process, standards and templates.
xi. Serves as communication consultant.
i. Create test plans and schedules.
ii. Create and implement test cases and scripts.
iii. Manage test script creation by the testers.
iv. Report defects and escalate issues.
v. Document t the entire testing process to ensure capturing and documenting results.
vi. Lead team of testers and functional experts through multiple test phases.
vii. Develop the Test Plan and Test Strategy documents.
viii. Conduct daily/weekly meetings to discuss test execution & defects.
ix. Provide reporting and metrics to management team for defects and test executions.
x. Plan and deliver education courses.
xi. Assist with defining and implementing the testing environment.
xii. Assist with defining the testing process, standards and templates.
xiii. Serves as testing consultant.
i. Develop the structure and content of training documentation.
ii. Design and deliver training.
iii. Design and develop training manuals, reference materials, job aids and evaluation tools, including exercises, workbooks, scripts, and computer/web-based training in collaboration with technical developers, training leads and subject matter experts.
iv. Develop training curriculum and assessment mechanisms.
v. Conducts organization, department and staff training needs assessments.
vi. Plan and deliver education courses.
vii. Trains and coordinates subject-matter-experts to conduct end-user training.
viii. Incorporate appropriate policies and procedures into training material.
ix. Assist with defining and implementing the training environment.
x. Assist with defining the training process, standards and templates.
xi. Serves as training consultant.
3. Assist project manager in developing and maintaining project plans and schedules related to process activities.
4. Communicates client requests and feedback to the operations or project manager.
5. Reports and addresses issues as they arise identifying and implementing alternative solutions or escalating to the operations or project manager when appropriate.
6. Serves as liaison with project team members on issues related to process activities.
7. Assists the operations or project manager by reporting the status of assigned action items.
8. Assists the operations or project manager in preparing presentations and reports.
9. Provide training on process standards and procedures.
10. Assist in the training of new staff.
1. Constantly look for opportunities to improve the P&PMO
2. Lead P&PMO initiatives
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degrees in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus and emphasis on communications, training or testing.
3 years of successful experience in IT process activities (communications, training or testing) in support of small to medium scale and complexity projects and operations initiatives, preferably in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Communications, training or testing related certification preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of how process activities are integrated to IT operations and the project life cycle.
Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
Knowledge of IT services management and methodologies.
Ability to generate and control documentation.
Ability to interface with internal department and staff, physicians, vendors, and experts.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.