IT Procurement Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT Procurement Consultant
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for this role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion
Procurement Jobs / Neenah, WI - Neenah, WI Jobs at Kimberly-Clark
Procurement Consultant - IT
Responsible for building category strategy and leading North America commodity sourcing for all their assigned categories in support of business segment(s) to achieve variable cost productivity, working capital, and business financial goals. Assigned categories for this role will be within IT and may include Software, IT Security and IT BPO Services. This position works closely with the IT organization, busine ss units and cross-functional team to achieve strategic sourcing objectives for the commodity.
Regional and/or global annual purchases across multiple business units. Value of purchases typically would be $50 - $200M. Categories: IT Software, IT Security, IT BPO Services and other IT areas as needed.
* Develops a thorough strategic plan to drive value for their category based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline and evolution, benchmarking, price availability, and supply chain logistics.
* Leading the benchmarking and bidding process, negotiating pricing/terms and conditions, and final contract award and implementation.
* Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service, and cost to use.
* Develop and execute strategic, multi-year plans in coordination with Global Category Director as well as with other regions.
* Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects.
* Provide innovative sourcing solutions to the customer by bringing continuous improvement and market driven innovation to their attention and offering credible alternatives where applicable.
* Deliver value creation targets for managed categories.
Qualifications and Experiences
* A Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or related discipline.
* Normally 5 to 10 years experience ideally with 5 years procurement experience.
* Experience in IT either from within the function or supporting while in Procurement role.
* Have developed and carried out long term strategic plan.
* Strong analysis experience in which key findings have been translated into strategies to support business needs.
* Complex problem solving with and creative solution implementation experience.
* Experience establishing networks and building relationships.
* Successfully influenced large, diverse groups of stakeholders.
* Led and delivered on a multi-disciplined project.
* Mentored new employees.
* Experience presenting complex ideas to management in a compelling and simplified manner.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time