IT Program Manager Digital Collaboration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
BCG's Digital Products & Services IT is a critical element of the IT function. It strives to enable digital transformation of how BCG employees work together as well as interact with clients. It is a global community of collaborative professionals with an immutable commitment to excellence.
The Communication and Collaboration IT team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join the team to lead programs driving how BCG digitally collaborates both internally as well as with our customers.
The Program Manager will lead a highly cross-functional effort focused on envisioning, designing and delivering a set of Digital Collaboration capabilities for BCG employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital collaboration initiatives and how these initiatives can drive employee engagement and transform business processes. This role is focused on understanding the specific business problems in order to develop the business and solution architecture to address those problems, together with the Communication and Collaboration Solutions Architect.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
* Program manage cross-functional initiatives within IT. This role will work with the key stakeholders to ensure proper resourcing, planning, quality and execution in order to deliver large scale, multi-project solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation. Initially that will include managing the following initiatives:
* Digital Collaboration for the global Business Support Team
* Accelerated Collaboration Experience
* Work closely with IT Directors, function leaders and managers to help coordinate cross-team efforts and resources to deliver cross-functional capabilities and solutions
* Effectively use program management and estimation skills to provide predictable results and actively manage risk
* Define and justify additional resources to accelerate initiatives
* Manage interdepartmental dependencies
* Develop work plans and monitor project activities
* Be accountable for quality assurance
* Be accountable for implementing effective change
* Manage operational handover and documentation of delivered solutions to Operations teams for effective long-term customer support
* Serve as a core member of DPS Communication and Collaboration team, driving the BCG Digital Collaboration journey.
Basic Job Requirements
* College degree and at least 10 years experience in the development of business applications ,in a in a commercial IT setting, or in consulting
* Strong structured program management skills required
* Experience managing cross-functional transformation projects or cross-functional business application development required
* Strong vendor management experience
* Ideally experience with Collaboration technologies such as Slack, Hipchat, Asana, etc
* Strong people skills
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong program management skills
* Ability to be collaborative, transparent and firm when necessary
* Creative problem solving
* Ability to work independently with general direction
* Excellent communication skills across cultures in English
* Integrity and a positive attitude
* Reliability and being a cooperative team player; consideration and respect for others
* Tact, patience, and the ability to handle stressful situations with aplomb
* High flexibility and commitment to personal goals and directions
* Attention to detail, well organized, able to prioritize
* Some travel might be needed for this role
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2581BR