IT Program Manager, Field Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONBright Horizons IT department is on the rise and we are now in need of a IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER, FIELD TECHNOLOGY to provide program management and leadership for IT and the enterprise, ensuring ownership, accountability, and governance over critical IT projects focused on child-care technology.
As the IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER, FIELD TECHNOLOGY you will participate in formal portfolio management review of all IT projects assessing risk to timeline, budget, and customer satisfaction as well as conduct ongoing process to review and assess the impact of changes to project scope, determine potential options and ensuring appropriate escalation, selection, and approval of final decision. You will have the ability to lead multiple projects and facilitate activities of suppliers, developers, and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met.
What you will be doing:
* Manage the portfolio of initiatives and projects supporting the business functions ensuring service levels, development, and new solutions meet the business objectives
* Develop and document business requirements through a variety of means such as, but not limited to, user interviews, surveys, workflow reviews, research on industry best practices, and user workshops
* Define current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans, and solutions). Build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements.
* Build strong relationships with business leaders and stakeholders
* Lead the steering committees that provide governance over system enhancements, resource allocation, and project prioritization
* Develops strategic partnerships with third party vendors; manage delivery and quality of resources and deliverables
* Participate and/or lead quality team efforts to continuously improve processes and methodologies
* Provide project management guidance and governance for related projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment, and budget variance
* Establish communication plans for projects and ensure adherence to those plans maintaining appropriate communication to all project constituents and stakeholders
* Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts; make strategic and tactical recommendations and support enterprise business goals
What we hope you will bring to the role:
* Bachelor s degree
* Technical or business discipline or related experience required
* Individual should have a minimum of 5-10 years related work experience
* Excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication and management skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with business, IT management, and staff
* In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
* In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies
* Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices, and techniques; good working knowledge of various project management and financial tools
* Ability to promote a team environment
* Experience in negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills