IT Program Manager, Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
SDLC Partners, L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
We are growing! SDLC Partners is the business minded, tech savvy, people-driven alternative to large professional services organizations. We deliver unique solutions to our customers in the areas of process improvement, analytics, and technology solutions. We combine Business and I.T. to serve as the "execution partner of choice" for improving speed to market, reducing costs, and enhancing quality. We have been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council, the Pittsburgh Business Times, and Inc. Magazine as one of the region's fastest growing consulting firms for the past three years. SDLC is continuously looking for talented professionals that fit our culture and core values.
The Program Manager is responsible for directing the delivery of a portfolio/program of cross-domain enterprise-wide projects, ensuring that projects are delivered in an integrated fashion across the program/portfolio on time, on budget, to scope and with desired quality. The position is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the integration of multiple projects including providing: oversight of program/project status; managing program resources; ensuring program/project milestones are met; program status reporting; and monitoring to keep projects on schedule and to budget within identified standards. Responsible for program risk identification, mitigation and escalation as required through proper channels to ensure consistent and efficient delivery.
* Prepare and manage the overall program plan, vision, strategy, timeline, budget and resources
* Review plans of individual projects
* Oversee the implementation of all projects
* Coordinate the various related projects in the program
* Facilitate stakeholder communications and readiness engagement
* Prepare program budget, detailing budgets for individual project
* Develop and implementing contingency plans for the program
* Mitigate program risks as appropriate
* Identify and evaluate all resources needed for the project
* Facilitate decision making regarding the projects
* Ensure each project follows organizational policies and procedures
* Ensure that each project is within budget
* Provide project status reporting to leadership
* Provide portfolio/program resource monitoring
* Effectively apply methodology and enforces program/project compliance as well as organizational/governmental operating standards
* Build and lead effective program/project teams
* Works with Leadership, Product Managers and Project leads to understand program and project stakeholders and identify opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction.
* Develop and execute portfolio and program level resource management plans
* Document and file program/project level lessons learned
* Participate in PMO and process improvement initiatives
* Deliver timely program/project health and performance dashboards
* Establish and facilitate regular portfolio/program meetings
* Create, maintain and communicate as appropriate program/project risk and issue logs
* Education - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Required); Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field (Preferred)
* Experience - At least four (4) years of collective experiences in driving an enterprise-wide portfolio/program management engagement
* Specialized Knowledge (preferred previous experience) -
* Broad as well as deep business domain knowledge; seasoned consulting experience; experience, in a leadership role, within a Program/Portfolio Management Office
* Demonstrated experiences in leading enterprise-level organizational change
* Additional Qualifications -
* PMP project manager certification or Program Manager (PgM) certification is a plus
* Negotiation as well as communication skills
* In-depth knowledge of portfolio, businesses, functions and all relevant stakeholders to successfully drive decisions and recommendation regarding the IT portfolio
* Understanding of accounting and auditing and related business processes; understands IT Management fundamentals including management concepts, IT methods and tools, architecture, business IT strategy, technology strategy, organization structures, people and skills, sourcing strategies, finance and supporting systems
* Demonstrates an understanding of overall program/project goals and how results/deliverables impact the larger business organization
* Agile/Scrum project management skills/experience, maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application