IT Project Controller IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. May require a bachelor's degree and at least 7years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
* Understands and adheres to AEP's Systems Development Life Cycle methodology framework.
* Strong ability to communicate with business/technical staff and comprehend complex technical concepts.
* Strong proficiency using Microsoft Project with a strong aptitude for project scheduling , tracking and analysis, and understanding of Earned Value metrics.
* Strong understanding of project management methodology in a PMI context.
* Attention to Detail.
* Operates with the highest of ethical standards.
Skills and Experience:
* Have experience utilizing software development methodologies.
* Microsoft Project and Project Server certification a plus.
* 14+ years experience tracking and updating project schedules and deliverables across a project portfolio.
* 14+ years experience with scheduling and resource management tools.
* Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
* Excellent skills and experience with MS Excel for project planning and controlling.
* Excellent skills and experiencereporting on and controlling project finances.