IT Project Manager Credit Risk
DiversityWorking - Stamford, CT
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
1544937Business GE CapitalBusiness Segment Capital - TreasuryAbout Us GE Treasury team is responsible for global funding, cash & foreign exchange management, and other treasury services for all of GE's worldwide operations. Almost all of GE's debt is issued through GE Capital to support its financial services businesses. We fund ourselves through the issuance of long term debt, commercial paper, CDs & bank deposits, and other debt products as well.imagination at work.
* GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
* GE offers an inclusive environment where employees have the opportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* The passion that our people bring to their work extends to their private worlds, and GE encourages a healthy balance between the two.
* GE values education and is dedicate to providing the tools and training for your professional development.Posted Position Title IT Project Manager - Credit RiskCareer Level ExperiencedFunction Information TechnologyFunction Segment Business SolutionsLocation United StatesU.S. State, China or Canada Provinces ConnecticutCity StamfordPostal Code 06905-3417Relocation Assistance YesRole Summary/Purpose This role is responsible for management of concurrent large scale software development/implementation projects; managing scope, budget, schedule, issues/risks, trade-offs, communications and expectations. Incumbent will manage a large team of project managers, senior business analysts, architects, developers & testersEssential Responsibilities
* Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders
* Coordinate multiple projects and make sure that the plans run smoothly and efficiently
* Manage project plan and schedule, ensure plan is integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy
* Develop and sustain strong working relationships with customers, development, test, operations, vendors and IT peers
* Ensure project approaches are aligned with and delivered to meet customer satisfaction objectives
* Analyze, remove, and proactively prevent roadblocks across team to meet quality standards, project milestones, and business objectives
* Follow and enforce structured software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology, ensuring projects adhere to SDLC key controls and milestones
* Ensure project output consistently meets standards and policies for security, regulatory and performance
* Partner with the business (Treasury & GE) during the planning process, including roadmaps, estimating, and resource planning
* Provide status reporting for all IT work streams of the program to all stakeholders
* Strategically design and implement solutions, including integration with databases and data warehouses within GE Capital
* Provide guidance to vendor teams on applying GE policies and procedures regarding SDLC, security, SOX, etc.
* Lead and coach a distributed development teamQualifications/Requirements
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance related and at least 5 years' experience in developing business intelligence applications for banking and Financial companies
* Deep experience in Enterprise applications/BI and someone who has demonstrated results in delivering world class solutions in highly matrixed and global organizations
* Proven understanding of relational databases (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server etc), data structures, data quality and cleansing strategies and experience analyzing large volumes of data
* Solid understanding of data warehousing OLAP business concepts
* Recent and relevant Project Management experience in Financial Services, and preferably from a treasury backgroundEligibility Qualifications:
* Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered (Internals via COS)
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
* Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
* Must be willing to work out of an office in Stamford, CT
* Must be willing to travel up to 10%, if applicable- MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.For U.S. employment opportunities, GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof of work authorization.Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.Desired Characteristics
* Green Belt or Black Belt certification
* Working knowledge of Wall Street Systems Suite application, functionality and configuration
* Broad knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, processes and controls
* Strong business acumen and successful track record in aligning with Customers
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels
* Change Agent with ability to drive compliance, protocols, & standardization
* Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with Customers
* Strong organizational skills - ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Excellence in strategic thinking, strong leadership, drive for results, operational excellence, cross-group collaboration and impact/influence
* The candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, and possess the demonstrated ability for maintaining depth of expertise in new business process and technical domains
* Ability to implement a service-oriented culture with process-based management principlesSection 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.