IT Project Manager--Data Management 3-6 month short contract 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition #:
IT Project Manager--Data Management 3-6 month short contract
JOB SUMMARY: On a temporary basis, apply the principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of high-profile projects that are complex and not always clearly defined. Partner with IT to promote open lines of communication and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and processes. Manage multiple cross-functional projects with the goal of obtaining synergy between projects.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as Project Manager for the implementation of system projects due to new, enhanced or integrated functionality, as well as the introduction of new product offerings.
2. Initiate, plan, execute, control and close project activities
3. Define and verify scope, develop project plans and timetables, and create roles and responsibilities matrix
4. Develop work plans for each subproject/department and prepare summary for management review.
5. Execute and maintain project plans; review, track, monitor and report on project status; identify, track and resolve issues by proposing viable solutions.
6. Calculate, mitigate and monitor risk, creating contingency plans and advising management, as appropriate.
7. Perform defect management
8. Establish and maintain working relationship with all departments, stakeholders and external customers involved with project.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
JOB SCOPE: Incumbent works under minimal direction and uses independent judgment to identify issues, trends & problems and recommend action plans and evaluate results on projects that may not be clearly defined and are large in scope. Work is varied and complex, requiring the individual to use a broad range of knowledge gained through extensive experience. The position works with internal and external sources to complete objectives, keeping the needs of external and internal customers as a priority when making decision and taking action.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum Bachelors degree in IT or Computer Science, or 4 years of related experience. Graduate degree a plus.
* Minimum 7 years experience in a Project Management capacity, preferably in a fast paced, rapidly changing business and technology environment
* Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
* Experience in managing IT and corporate projects
* PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with healthcare claim processing preferred
* Knowledge of broad range project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management including Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and SDLC
* Expert-level project management skills
* Delivered Projects in the Master Data Management, Data Warehousing, Middleware, Application Development domain
* Project experience with Oracle, Weblogic, Informatica preferred
* Led multidisciplinary cross functional teams and managed multiple projects in parallel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
* Ability to lead, develop, mentor and coach team
* Ability to use software and peripherals related to performance of job responsibilities, including MS Project, Project Server, MS Visio, and Sharepoint
* Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
* Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of management
* Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow-through
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities for self and staff as business needs dictate
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
* Ability to be flexible and creative in problem solving and identifying process improvements
* Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
* Ability to recognize and apply project management best practices to fit a variety of situations
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account