IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
A Retail Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT PROJECT MANAGER
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
* Knowledge with Windows Stack
* Managing Mobile Software Project
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND/OR FORMS
NOTE: Only the following sections of the CSF are required by this employer.
* Proof Of Eligibility To Work In The United States | View Questions
* Compensation Details | View Questions
* Non-Compete | View Questions
* Candidate Details | View Questions
Job Title: IT PROJECT MANAGER (STORE SYSTEMS)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Sr. Director, Store Systems
SUPERVISES: Teams of 5+ people from the following: Programmer, Programmer/Analyst, Sr. Programmer/Analyst, Systems Analyst, Sr. Systems Analyst and 3rd-party resources
What business need does this position exist to fill
Responsible for the development, coaching, counseling, mentoring and evaluation team of developers that provide application solutions and ongoing support to the field staff.
Acts as a subject matter expert of development of various retail back-office technologies. Builds partnerships with internal and external customers, develops project estimates, plans and budgets for capital projects, and delivers projects that contribute to the on-going success company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversees projects within given application area. May also oversee cross-functional, cross-discipline projects.
* Manages employees - hiring, development, performance evaluation, work schedules, personal issues. Manages third party vendors and resources, evaluates performance, reviews deliverables, and monitors hours worked.
* Manages expectations, provides functional and technical designs, and responds to questions related to the line of retail business applications and their capabilities.
* Manages support of applications in portfolio and communications changes in partnership with business operations.
* Reports project progress and application issues.
* Participates and is influential in development of strategic three to five year departmental plan and responsible for tactical steps to execute the plan.
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
* Demonstrates leadership skills: mission, intellectual maturity, emotional stability, consultative supervision, and record of attainment through others.
* Performs standard management duties:
* Hiring and training employees
* Setting and communicating performance goals
* Evaluating performance
* Addressing gaps in performance.
* Ensures bench strength and continuous coverage/support for a given application area.
* Understands and oversees the Project Management process.
* Understands and enforces the Systems Development Lifecycle for waterfall and agile development methodologies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Development Methodologies and best practices, especially C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Windows CE.
* Expert level SQL Server knowledge and skills.
* Directs numerous projects simultaneously and efficiently.
* Able to mentor and technically guide members of the team.
* Possesses excellent oral, written, listening and presentation communication skills able to translate technical language to business language and vice versa for personnel levels from individual contributors to all organizational levels.
* Coordinates and directs third-party resources.
* Holds effective meetings.
* Proactively identifies business issues, researches options, and implements solutions.
* Liaises with business partners and other IT departments.
* Selects and Manages internal and 3rd party resource budget (in hours).
* Creates budget and time estimates related to software development projects
WORK EXPERIENCE &/OR EDUCATION:
* Must have a minimum of six years management and leadership experience leading groups of 8 or more people to provide software deliverables in a team-oriented environment.
* Must have a proven record for delivering software solutions with a team of IS resources on time and on budget.
* Preference given to candidates with experience in retail applications development, especially inventory applications and handheld applications.
* Must have 12years IT experience. A minimum of 10years' experience must be in designing software solutions and managing projects to support Business Users.
* Must have significant experience with Microsoft development languages.
* Must have significant experience with Data Base design and development.
* Must be Proficient with both web and native applications, and demonstrate a clear understanding of when to use either approach