IT Project Manager 8/23/2016
International Management Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 6608
Seeking an IT Project Manager for a Full Time position in the Hendersonville, TN area.
Those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. Not able to sponsor at this time.
Supervises: Teams of 5+ people from the following: Programmer, Programmer/Analyst, Sr. Programmer/Analyst, Systems Analyst, Sr. Systems Analyst and 3rd-party resources
Responsible for the development, coaching, counseling, mentor and evaluation team of developers that provide application solutions and ongoing support to the field staff. Acts as a subject matter expert of development of various retail back-office technologies. Builds partnerships with internal and external customers, develops project estimates, plans and budgets for capital projects, and delivers projects that contribute to the on-going success company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversees projects within given application area. May also oversee cross-functional, cross-discipline projects.
* Manages employees - hiring, development, performance evaluation, work schedules, personal issues. Manages third party vendors and resources, evaluates performance, reviews deliverables, and monitors hours worked.
* Manages expectations, provides functional and technical designs, and responds to questions related to the line of retail business applications and their capabilities.
* Manages support of applications in portfolio and communications changes in partnership with business operations.
* Reports project progress and application issues.
* Participates and is influential in development of strategic three to five year departmental plan and responsible for tactical steps to execute the plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates leadership skills: mission, intellectual maturity, emotional stability, consultative supervision, and record of attainment through others.
* Performs standard management duties:
o Hiring and training employees
o Setting and communicating performance goals
o Evaluating performance
o Addressing gaps in performance.
* Ensures bench strength and continuous coverage/support for a given application area.
* Understands and oversees the Project Management process.
* Understands and enforces the Systems Development Lifecycle for waterfall and agile development methodologies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Development Methodologies and best practices, especially C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Windows CE.
* Expert level SQL Server knowledge and skills.
* Directs numerous projects simultaneously and efficiently.
* Able to mentor and technically guide members of the team.
* Possesses excellent oral, written, listening and presentation communication skills able to translate technical language to business language and vice versa for personnel levels from individual contributors to all organizational levels.
* Coordinates and directs third-party resources.
* Holds effective meetings.
* Proactively identifies business issues, researches options, and implements solutions.
* Liaises with business partners and other IT departments.
* Selects and Manages internal and 3rd party resource budget (in hours).
* Creates budget and time estimates related to software development projects.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/OR EDUCATION:
* Must have a minimum of six years management and leadership experience leading groups of 8 or more people to provide software deliverables in a team-oriented environment.
* Must have a proven record for delivering software solutions with a team of IS resources on time and on budget.
* Preference given to candidates with experience in retail applications development, especially inventory applications and handheld applications.
* Must have 12 years IT experience. A minimum of 10 years' experience must be in designing software solutions and managing projects to support Business Users.
* Must have significant experience with Microsoft development languages.
* Must have significant experience with Data Base design and development.
* Must be Proficient with both web and native applications, and demonstrate a clear understanding of when to use either approach.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
Knowledge with Windows Stack, Managing Mobile Software Projects
If qualified and interested in this position please respond to JO#6608 with current resume and salary requirements.