IT Project Manager- Infrastructure and Datacenter (Contract)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
* Collaborate closely with the PMO, program manager, or function lead to ensure projects aligns with overarching program goals and benefits
* Lead overall planning efforts of the project(s), based on the project charter, and following the PMO project life cycle
* Lead the planning and execution of projects, working with all functions including Program Management, IT, Marketing, Corporate Finance and Accounting, Customer Support, Training, Sales, and Quality Services.
* Effectively use system development lifecycle guidelines to drive project(s) from initiation to operationalization, providing support and innovation to the life cycle as appropriate.
* Use best-in-class project management techniques to achieve project goals on time and on cost, while managing project risk.
* Provide metrics-based leadership in monitoring and reporting project health and status.
* Drive the creation and management of project teams, as required, to meet project delivery and rollout requirements.
* Communicate project status, project readiness, business and technical issues, risks and their resolution across functional organizations, including senior and executive management.
* Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to document and manage the formal delivery plan of record, including business outcomes, release plan, investment plan, resource plan, assumptions, and risks and issues. Proactively manage the plan.
* Conduct project financial management and reporting.
* Drive team collaboration, potentially spanning multiple geographies and teams.
* Track and report project status and risk to Project Sponsor and across the organization.
* Cultivate collaborative working relationships across project leadership, key stakeholders, business leaders and project management team(s).
Qualification / Requirements:
* Experience leading medium to large projects, with project budgets in excess of $500,000, and multi-business impact
* 5+ years of project leadership experience
* Expert understanding of industry accepted project management standards and methodologies
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)