IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Characteristics:
IT Project Managers are responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department.
* Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects
* Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in projects
* Demonstrates innovation when evaluating the business implications of technology solutions
* Serves as primary contact and technical advisor to clients
* Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects and communicates changes to project team members to ensure proper executions and escalations
* Tracks and reports project hours and expenses, as well as drafts and manages budgets
* Relies on extensive understanding of project management concepts, practices and procedures
* Manages and obtains overall project approvals
* Delegates, tracks and ensures completion of project tasks
* Coordinates all resources and stakeholders to ensure completion of projects
* Directs the overall strategic direction of projects
* Organizes and optimizes resources
* Assesses risk and determines appropriate actions to mitigate them
* Monitors project progress and determines actions needed to ensure completion
* Understands the business needs, processes, nomenclature and concepts to develop clear and thorough project plans
* Reviews deliverables
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Superior leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus
* Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize
* Excellent strategic project planning skills
* Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
* Must display the highest level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with the business strategy
* Knowledge of the Information Technology field and computer systems
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Strong troubleshooting abilities to get to the source of problems and think critically regarding possible solutions
* Must display initiative, ability to work independently and be able to use extensive independent judgment
* Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
* Ability to react quickly to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Training and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a related area required
* A minimum of 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager with at least 3 years as a Project Manager
* Proven track record overseeing all aspects of large scale projects including planning, requirements gathering, resource allocation and budget
* Proven experience leading cross-functional teams across many areas and business units
* Project Management Certification preferred
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.