IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Information Services Company
We are looking for IT PROJECT MANAGER at PITTSBURGH, PA
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
POSITION: IT PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: PITTSBURGH, PA 15212
DURATION: FULL TIME
BENEFITS - FULL
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE - YES
BONUS ELIGIBLE - YES
INTERVIEW TRAVEL REIMBURSED - YES
* Coordinate, prioritize and support execution of projects and work requests submitted by customers asking for network solutions.
* Support meetings, inter-team communication, and issue resolution with the client and internal/project stakeholder groups.
* Communicate with customers and ensure a structured deployment/change management plan to avoid disruption on operations.
* Support planning and scheduling activities based on standard project management methodologies
* Communicate with network leaders to review work requests and define best way to assign resources to ensure deliverables in case that is fully aligned with the business objectives.
* Perform feasibility analyses and risk assessments of the transition project by utilizing tools with the capability to accurately communicate status to various stakeholders.
* Understand, define and document telecommunications system requirements while working with Network Service Leaders and internal customers to clarify any question to ensure successful execution of activities.
* Working independently with general instruction, adapt and apply Our company's principles, concepts, processes, tools and methodologies to solve real-world problems in a team environment, with special focus on the transitioning of large, complex telecom/datacom networks.
* Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan
* Work with communication, training, HR, IT and Operations team in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
* Work close to Service Desk, IT leaders and Operation's team to ensure everybody is aware of the changes to be implemented in the environment.
* Manage 3rd party resources to ensure deliverables of work requests / projects.
* Comply with all guidelines detailed in the IT ASAT/PSAT (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security) for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Operate within Our company IS standards and conventions.
* Support documentation of RFAs in case project requires capex funds
* Manage budget/reporting of telecom projects
* Support site closures/acquisitions/divestitures activities
* Fosters collaborative relationships within and between organizations, project teams, customers, suppliers and peers, to identify and provide computer and business solutions to effectively and efficiently satisfy the data processing and information requirements of the business.
* Exhibits excellent verbal and written communications skills. Communicates to upper management to obtain buy-in on strategic direction. Communicates and explains complex technical issues in an understandable way to the business and to the leadership of the organization.
* Works with Network leaders, IT leaders, to develop/review technical strategies and ensure that technical programs are developed to carry out the strategies.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE 8
* PMP certification
* Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
* Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
* Excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
* Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
* Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
* Experience with Microsoft tools to be able to put together indicators, keep track on work request/project activities
* Must have strong customer relationship skills
* Experience managing closures/acquisitions/divestitures activities related to network environment
* VoIP experience
* Advanced Knowledge of network management tools and protocol
* Network integration with Cloud environment