IT Project Manager, Senior Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
SDLC Partners, L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
We are growing! SDLC Partners is the business minded, tech savvy, people-driven alternative to large professional services organizations. We deliver unique solution to our customers in the areas of process improvement, analytics, and technology solutions. We combine Business and I.T. to serve as the "execution partner of choice" for improving speed to market, reducing costs, and enhancing quality. We have been recognized by the Pittsburgh Technology Council, the Pittsburgh Business Times, and Inc. Magazine as one of the region's fastest growing consulting firms for the past three years, SDLC is continuously looking for talent that fit our culture and core values.
The purpose of this position is to become a trusted advisor to our clients and manage the overall performance and delivery of large/cross-functional software development and/or transformation projects for our clients. This includes managing scope, schedule, risk, issues and budgets. Project Managers will be aligned within either our IT Effectiveness Practice or Business Solutions practice and are also expected to take part in building our intellectual capital and advancing our practice service lines.
* Partner with clients to develop a trusted advisor relationship
* Partner with client sponsor to develop project plans, manage project schedules, scope, risk, issues, and budget
* Actively involved in talent management
* Sets and re-evaluates project priorities frequently
* Leverage project management best practices and domain knowledge
* Cultivates and relies on extensive informal networks inside and outside to resolve problems
* Lead technical as well as business teams within the SDLC process
* Adheres to predictable communication schedules
* Demonstrates strong skills in analysis, problem solving, communication, documentation, and critical thinking
* Creates an environment of achievement and action
* Demonstrates strong business analysis skills (requirements gathering/documentation/specification or use case creation)
* Demonstrates strong business process skills (process mapping/workflow diagramming) or implementation
* Master or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in business or IT
* 5+ years of experience in leading, managing large complex projects within a software development and/or transformation environment
* Exposure to methodologies such as RUP, CMMI, and other iterative as well as Agile methodologies is helpful
* Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Healthcare payor/provider experience
* Training, certification or appliedexperience in Six Sigma, PMP, Rational and PMBOK
* Ability to work in a high pace growth environment
* Driven for results and high achievement while maintaining a positive, can do attitude.
* Strong self-starter and ability to manage multiple priorities
* Strong communication and influencing skills