IT Project Manager - ServiceNow (Lincolnshire or Chicago, IL)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR AN IT PROJECT MANAGER - SERVICENOW
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Technology Business Management business group within Aon Services Corporation, in either our Lincolnshire or Chicago, IL office locations. As an IT Project Manager - ServiceNow, you will report directly to the Global Head of Service Management and ITIL Governance.
YOUR IMPACT AS AN IT PROJECT MANAGER - SERVICENOW
About the Role
The Aon Technology team is looking for a Project Manager - ServiceNow to play a key role in delivering our next generation IT Service Management platform. This is as part of a larger strategy to drive a services-led approach and greatly improve the technology services we deliver to our clients and business.
As part of Aon Technology, the Technology Business Management team is in the process of establishing a common ITSM platform globally to enable our focus on Availability, Productivity and Platform for growth. The highly experienced individual in this role will have primary responsibilities building and managing the project associated with the ServiceNow and Asset Lifecycle Management programs and help drive help drive implementation and support of these solutions.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact on the project
* Plan and manage projects using structured Project Management approach
* Address project risks and issues by identifying and selecting a course of action by taking into account the program constraints and objectives
* Escalates risks and issues to leadership the Global Asset & Configuration Management Process Owner as appropriate
* Coordinates internal and 3rd party resources to deliver on the goals of the project
* Develops and manages a detailed project plan to keep the effort on-track
* Manage project change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts
* Manage project team to ensure delivery of results according to commitment
* Create and manage execution of project plans (quality, risk, communication, staffing, etc.) by using the tools identified in the planning phase and by validating the results of their use in order to align the program outcomes with stakeholder expectations and standards
* Develop a high-level milestone plan using goals and objectives of the project; align project with overall program plans and objectives
* Capture project status and data by ensuring the population of the project management tool and ensure accurate and current updates for leadership and stakeholders
* Present project charter to senior management with costs/benefits and plan in order to receive buy-in and authorization
* Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
* Responsible for scheduling and coordinating project team meetings
* Communicates information and ideas effectively to the broader team
* Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
* Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 5+ years of Project and/or Program Management experience with ServiceNow (preferred), BMC Remedy or Service Manager experience.
* Agile or Agile/Scrum methodology required.
* PMP strongly desired
* ServiceNow implementation experience preferred
* Asset and Configuration Management process experience preferred
* ITIL Framework knowledge/experience
* Strong presentation skills inclusive of presentation software experience (PowerPoint, Prezi preferred, data visualization software Tableau preferred)
* Ability to provide some flexibility to work off hours to accommodate calls with global colleagues in different time zones
* Technical acumen
* Business analysis acumen
* High capacity and aptitude for learning new technologies as needed
* Proactively identifying and mitigating risks
* Planning beyond the delivery of the project
* Experience working with business analyst and understanding of proper documentation and business analysis methods and templates
* Skilled at identifying the meaningful metrics for measuring the success of a process, and using those to drive and achieve tangible process improvement
* Able to articulate technical and complex concepts to multiple audiences
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
* Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
* Recognizes contributions - praises people for a job well done.
* Capable of judging whether projects and tasks align to and support overall strategy
* Strong Communication Skills
* Fact-based, data-driven decision making
* Strong desire to learn student mindset
* End-to-end process minded
* Can-do attitude
* Acts with a sense of urgency
* Able to respond methodically to open questions and solve for ambiguity
* Pragmatic, results driven
* Comfort presenting to senior management
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420958
CATEGORY: Information Technology Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire