IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a contract-to-hire IT Project Manager in Topeka, KS. As a IT Project Manager, you will report to the Project Director and Deputy Director and work in concert with the lead project manager and other project managers to facilitate the coordination and execution of key tasks required to deliver the project.
Location: Topeka, KS
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Duration: 6 month temp-to-hire
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Responsibilities for this IT Project Manager job include:
- Strong project management background
- Demonstrates professionalism when dealing with challenging people and situations
- Ability to create and maintain the project work plans in MS Project
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly learn new business and technical processes
- Proven ability to self-direct
- Proven ability and desire to solve problems and present implementable solutions
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively
- Presentation skills both in delivering presentations and in creating presentations using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to facilitate groups in coming to a consensus.
- Strong ability to create accurate estimates for the work to be completed utilizing staff
- Ability to build and maintain team cohesiveness between contractors and State staff
- Demonstrative skill in project management methodology
Knowledge and ability to utilize the current version of the following products:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Project
- Two years of actual IT project management experience: monitoring and reporting project status, preparing schedules, managing budgets, and coordinating/directing teams.
- A high level of proficiency with MS project.
- Preferred, but not required: Project management certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) or State of Kansas Project Management Certification.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience with IT related project management or four years of experience with IT related project management. Additional experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the required education as determined the hiring manager.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this IT Project Manager job in Topeka, KS or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled