IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER, has primary responsibility for working with the IT Services team in defining, planning, tracking and managing large, complex technology projects. The Technical PM will be responsible for driving the full lifecycle of project delivery, from inception, business case creation and approval, through to requirements definition, implementation and roll out, working with a cross functional team of business and technical resources. The PM will be ultimately accountable for the success of the project and work closely with the business sponsors of the project to ensure objectives are delivered as expected. In this role, the Technical PM will identify key resources and provide the direction they require in order to meet project objective, including both hardware and software based initiatives!
What you will be doing:
* Understand initiatives in order to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables and ultimately create project work plans.
* Plan and schedule project timelines and meetings.
* Monitor, report and follow-up on the status and next steps of all project components.
* Effectively identify, adjust for and communicate downstream impacts of project changes.
* Able to navigate project changes effectively, remove barriers and coordinate with a variety of cross-functional project team members.
* Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to cross-functional project team members.
* Effectively apply Bright Horizons IT Project methodology and enforce project standards.
* Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Act as a global liaison for Bright Horizons IT, keeping abreast of initiatives to avoid overlapping efforts.
What we hope you will bring to the role:
* Bachelor s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
* Five Seven years of IT project management experience preferably within an IT Technology/ technology environment or organization with experience.
* Full project lifecycle- from conception to production managing all aspects of solution delivery including; inception, scope definition, business case development and approval, resource planning, requirements gathering through development and ultimately deployment, budget management, status reporting, and risk management
* Ability to Lead, motivate and direct a cross-functional workgroup while being flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment, prioritizing and executing tasks while reacting to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently li Experience with structured project management methodologies with formal tools/approaches. Experience with recognized application development methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile preferred.
* Apply best practices for management key business partnerships licit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members, other internal departments and external parties (such as 3rd party partners).
* Knowledge of different project management software, and be technically competent with various software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.