IT Project/Portfolio Management Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
IT PMO Lead will be responsible for the overall portfolio of IT projects, including providing project-specific support, as required. Other key responsibilities include:
Leads the development of IT initiatives by coordinating between business owners and IT functional leaders to define requirements, determine resource needs, and support business case development.
Works with key IT and business leaders to support initiatives through implementation, including tracking progress, designing and monitoring key metrics, tracking performance and providing change management guidance
Drive enterprise-wide IT Governance to be clear on what the company will and won't invest in
Thoroughly vet ideas based on quantifiable business outcomes & drive execution to realize the committed value.
Drive Value Realization and Resource planning/ prioritization across IT Portfolio.
Drive accountability for internal & vendor managed programs.
Provides leadership and oversight to a team of project managers responsible for developing resource plans, budget planning and tracking of IT initiatives to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations.
Managing a team of IT Program Managers (internal & external PMs) to support specific projects as well as oversee the full portfolio of IT projects.
Ensure consistent project management methodologies and approaches are being leveraged consistently IT wide.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Portfolio and Project Management, or Organizational Change Management/Communication fields
- Experience in using both traditional Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies.
Proven skills in the following areas are required:
- Should have strong analytic skills, Should be able to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives and recommend sound decisions
Strong command of change management issues and methodologies
- Proficient in Google Applications
- Google sheets, Docs, Slides, and Drive etc. Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and MS-Project
- PMP certification, Certified SCRUM master and/or other project management certification is preferred
- Proven competencies in using various Agile competencies in managing IT projects:
Overall responsible for activity planning & sequencing, resource planning, developing and maintaining schedules, budget management, risk analysis and management, action item follow-up, status reporting, issue management, business partnering, working with vendors etc.
Non-Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Strong value system with impeccable integrity
Proven leadership ability with high energy and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate others
Ability to lead change while achieving business goals and objectives
- Hands-on, results-oriented and attention to detail
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management and team-player skills
- Very strong team player, should possess ability to foster teamwork and positive working environment to the project team in light of changes and challenges. Should have people skills to be able to work independently with different IT team members in different roles
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences
- Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Excellent financial management skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans
- Passion for learning
Bachelors Degree 10+ years experience in IT Project Management or Portfolio Management