IT QA Engineer 8/9/2016
Union City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IT - SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
The Software QA Engineer will play a key role in developing the QA role within the IT department and ensuring IT products/releases are of high quality and effectiveness. The Engineer will manage the applications environments, code libraries, development of automated test script, assist others in developing test scripts, review and share results with team members and users and to ensure code approval and approval when moved to production.
* Works to create test cases with development staff and others, and to enter those cases into an appropriate testing tool.
* Work with the team to deliver the selected test suite into production through the development of test scripts that can be executed to generate baseline test results.
* Develop clear processes and procedures to support the Quality Assurance objectives.
* Assist with selection of an automated testing tool (requirement development)
* Manages the movement of code to production with assistance of a DBA and into the code libraries.
* Organizes work into releases, release code into production along with appropriate communication and manage the refresh of the various development and test instances.
* Control migration of code between environments via Team Foundation server.
* Develop detailed test plans and automate those plans where possible through the test suite.
* Execute test plans via test suite; define methods with tech team as to what data and transactions should be included.
* Develop documentation as is needed to support tests.
* Review test results.
* Develop a process to work with team to identify and resolve bugs that come from testing.
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with 5+ years experience specifically in a QA role
* Proven hands-on experience in software quality assurance
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* Experience with TFS administration and use
* Has strong experience in the development and in execution of SQL scripts.
* Ability to download data to excel for examination, review data in system tables.
* Proven communicator, verbal and written
* Flexible, can deal with ambiguity and find ways to draw conclusions
* Sees the bigger picture, understands the broader context of changes and their impact to existing processes.