IT Security Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONConnect with one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is a 15-time Northcoast 99 winner as one of the best places to work in Cleveland. We offer free parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company match, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities.
We are seeking an IT Security Analyst to actively participate in the IT Cybersecurity and Operations Department troubleshooting and administering the day-to-day security operations of servers and operating systems. In this role, you will assist with coordinating activities and projects, as well as set up and troubleshooting.
This is a permanent full time employment position at our corporate headquarters in Cleveland, OH.
* 2+ years firewall configuration and troubleshooting. Checkpoint experience preferred
* 2+ years functional experience with Linux and base understanding of other UNIX flavors
* Understanding of scripting languages and purpose
* Good understanding of networking and systems protocols and performance: TCP/IP, DNS/BIND, NTP, HTTP/HTTPS, RSYNC, LDAP, NFS, and SNMP
* Intrusion Protection Systems and other edge devices
* Setup and management of VPN tunnels both fixed and user based
* Web Application and Malware Protection
* Web Content Filtering
* IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
* Performing security incident response activities
* Prior experience with Splunk, SourceFire or similar IPS preferred
Infosec certifications preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
Must live in Cleveland metro area. We are unable to provide relocation expenses
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this position
* Ability and drive to perform in a demanding multi-tasking environment, and a willingness to wear many hats that cover all elements of the various components
* Willingness to learn new skills and strengthen existing skills as part of a diverse skillset team
* Analytical and troubleshooting skills, responsiveness and creativity, flexibility, ability to plan and organize
* Strong written and verbal skills required including English grammar, spelling
* Willingness support operations and handle on-call duties as needed
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.