IT Service Desk Technician, 40 Hrs, FT, Elmwood Park, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
Elmwood Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose: First Level IT support for corporate users at a rapidly growing company medical company. The right candidate will need to answer calls, emails, HelpDesk tickets in a timely fashion and work within the department to find a quick and accurate resolution to the issues submitted. After hours/weekend availability for on call support.
* Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems.
* Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
* Repair, setup and troubleshoot PC, Printer, and other peripheral devices.
* Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the clarify problem management database.
* Escalate problems as appropriate
* Utilizes superior customer service skills.
* Solve problems on Windows, Mac and user applications.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of supported products and services.
* Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned.
* Help Desk Phone rotation. (Fri-Mon)
IT Service Desk Technician Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experience and skills are required
Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person.
Demonstrate writing ability.
Demonstrate ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers.
Knowledge of information technology. Demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Demonstrate ability to work in the help desk environment. Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems. Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
Windows 7 install and troubleshooting
Network troubleshooting skills
Network printer installation and configuration