IT Site Administrator (Technology Specialist)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT Site Administrator (Technology Specialist)
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Support the day to day operations of PC's, servers and networking equipment for the manufacturing location. Coordinate small to medium size IT projects for the plant and contribute to large IT projects.
Primary customers will be the site personnel in the office and manufacturing areas. Key stakeholder and working relationships will be established with engineering, infrastructure, and the business depending on the assignment and project scope.
The incumbent works the ITS Infrastructure Coordination & Delivery Manager and may take functional work direction from others at the facility.
* Supports operational maintenance of local data center and site IT infrastructure and evaluates feature and functionality changes within this environment.
* Provides operational support to the Mill related computer systems and installed applications, resolves minor infrastructure problems and escalates higher impact issues.
* Leads the planning and execution of Mill infrastructure implementation projects.
* Performs site IT administration support, requests new employee accounts (LAN, email, etc.), provides IT on-boarding training. Procures IT infrastructure components according to KC established procurement process.
* Network Support - Installs and supports network equipment with assistance from Network Operations team.
* PC Support - Handles site specific help desk problems that require an office/desk visit.
* PC Deployment - Performs imaging on new PC's including software installation.
* Unified Communications support - Installs and UC equipment with assistance from UC Operations team.
* Server Support/Maintenance - Plans and performs maintenance activities with assistance from the Server team as needed.
* Manage multi-function device and printer fleet - Procures and provides basic support, escalates issues to printer vendor.
* Surplus Coordination - Documents and coordinates IT hardware surplus equipment process for inventory purposes.
* Manages and coordinates local Infrastructure vendors work at site.
* Provides education to Mill users on KC available technologies and their proper use. Manages communication plan for new technologies implementations.
* Seeks out and relays to management and to other ITS team member's future technology recommendations. Also, serves as coordinator for recommendations by the other ITS team members.
* Maintains site ITS Business Continuity Plan.
* Maintains 1 - 3 year ITS plan.
* Ensures that the LAN and related computer systems are in compliance with established control procedures.
* Demonstrates a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
* Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
* Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
* Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively.
* 5 years of relevant experience with demonstrated skills or 7-9 or more years of applied experience with demonstrated skills described defined below. Troubleshooting and solving basic computer issues, familiar with Windows XP/7/10, Windows 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server 2003/2008, Cisco Networking, LAN networks, Wireless networks, Firewalls, Microsoft Office products, Skype for Business, SharePoint, smartphones and tablet (IOS, Android).
* Ticketing system management for Incident and Request tracking (i.e.: Service Now)
* Carry out all work safely. Adhere to plant security policies.
* Carry out assigned tasks in a timely, diligent, and professional manner.
* Establish proactive, confidence-inspiring client and support team relationships to ensure support, maintenance and project work meet business goals.
* Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
* Communicate to local management and staff in non-technical terms.
* Adherence to Kimberly-Clark standards and procedures.
* Be able to work outside of business hours when required.
* Be On-Call outside of business hours to support critical incident.
* Occasional traveling may be required for training or project purposes (5%).
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time