IT Software QA Advisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: Dublin, OH
DURATION: 12 Contract to Hire
SKILLS to determine the compatibility and impact of new programs on existing system tests and test plans; to develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; to formulate/define system scope and objectives; to devise or modify tests to verify implementation of complex problems; to assume responsibility for project completion; and to provide guidance and training to Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
* Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
* Defines and establishes quality assurance procedures, standards, metrics reporting and auditing.
* Analyzes user needs as required; leads in the design of tests to verify that end user needs have been met.
* Develops and maintains software test scripts and test plans to verify systems meet the specifications outlines in data processing requests.
* Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; leads in the design and development of tests to verify system software meets those requirements.
* Tests and verifies software; assists in testing projects for members of the programming staff.
* Prepares documentation for assigned projects and follows software release procedures.
* Assists in the professional growth of Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
* Follows pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development of tests and test plans.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance tools and other technology advances.
* Delivers and maintains the highest quality of customer services to our clients.
* Education & Licensing
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
* Seven (7) years of information technology/computer science experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including four (4) years of testing/quality assurance experience with two (2) years specialized experience with emphasis on interpreting user requirements, and development of business application tests required. Insurance industry experience preferred.