IT Solution Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
IT Solution Architects perform a technical leadership role in proposal development for business applications for SGT's business development, capture, and operations. Candidate will envision and sell innovative and compelling business solutions for SGT's customers in the Civil, Defense & Intel sectors. Candidate may collaborate with technical staff on programs to identify and assess IT capabilities and performance in support of new business and operational excellence.
* Creates the technical approach / solution as the lead Solution Architect on capture efforts for new opportunities for business applications and services integrating COTS and custom applications, IT infrastructure, security, operations and maintenance, and development.
* Solutions may include full life cycle solutions, encompassing both new development as well as operations and maintenance, for enterprise and mission systems, software application, IT infrastructure engineering and management, security and compliance.
* Works with Business Operations, Capture, Program and Business Development stakeholders to define key requirements / challenges and needs, identify major solution alternatives, select and market competitive solutions with a view to winning new business and growing SGT's IT capabilities and contract portfolio.
* Leads the creation of proposal written and graphical content.
* Leads the creation of basis of estimate and cost models for IT work scopes (including project management, design, development, testing, deployment, O&M, service delivery management).
* Leads the development of the overall solution, including coordinating business, infrastructure and technical subject matter experts.
* Establishes the delivery approach, methodology and sequencing for the solution for the proposal including transition, design and delivery.
* Identifies partners and teammates to support efforts, develops SOWs and requirements for teaming and subcontractor agreements.
* Presents IT solutions both at internal step reviews and design workshops and in oral presentations to customers.
* Organizes and leads the technical work required to create compelling solutions, including identifying, acquiring, leading, motivating the technical team.
* Oversees all aspects of solution development, architecture and management processes from concept ideation through development, launch and maintenance. Interfaces with development, account and executive management to develop and grow their portfolio of solutions and offerings and to increase company productivity and profits.
* Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problem faced by client and benefits available from SGT solutions and services.
* Translates customer requirements into operational strategies associated with each solution to ensure client needs are met in a cost-effective and timely manner.
* Interfaces with SGT programs and delivery teams to ensure that corporate experience, best practices, product and capabilities are leveraged correctly.
* Ensures that capture technical budgets are adhered to and optimally utilized.
* Researches existing business and technical environment including trends, best practices, partnerships, and SGT capabilities to ensure proposed solutions match business trends.
* Suggests appropriate upgrades or relevant solutions to enhance company competency in meeting changing business needs.
* Interfaces and participates in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
* Minimum of 8 years IT service, development, or solution delivery experience.
* Ability to develop detailed cost estimates and models for enterprise scale IT solutions, integrating software development, applications, infrastructure, cyber security, networks, mobility, end user support, transition projects, solutions, and services.
* Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
* Strong human relations skills to build teams and develop collaborative solutions with management, business development, and technical staff.
* Knowledge of current and innovative software development and integration approaches including Agile/Scrum/Kamban development methodologies.
* Strong working knowledge of emerging and innovative IT services and solutions, including cloud architectures, cyber security, big data, analytics.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Able to communicate effectively with customers, support personnel and management.
* New business and proposal development experience.
* Comfortable workings with ambiguity.
* Experience and knowledge of US Federal Government IT environments, regulations, standards, and processes.
* Knowledge of US Federal IT business and competitive landscape.
* Experience with software development tools, operating systems, communications networks, IT hardware and software.
* Experience with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables,
* Experience with IT service management tools, including service desk, continuous monitoring, software distribution, and compliance.
* Strong skills at identifying, assessing, and managing risks related to business opportunities and solutions.
* Ability to lead and work in a team environment
* Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks with fellow employees, partners, vendors, and technical communities.
Industry certifications such as ITIL, Agile, Cloud, Cyber, and IT architectures (e.g., IT network, virtualization, AWS, Microsoft Windows).
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.