This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Attn: All Windows 7/10 OS, MacOS and Tech-Savvy Wizards!
Do you see yourself working for a global design firm, as a full-time IT Support Specialist based out of the San Jose office*
We ve got a great opportunity for you! Here at Gensler, we thrive on being the industry s leading design firm. We believe we can change the world with the power of design. We are passionate, highly creative, collaborative team members who are dedicated to innovative problem-solving and believe that design excellence is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing a lasting competitive advantage.
As an IT Support Specialist, you are a member of the NorthWest Regional IT team, working closely with other IT peers on all Technology-related support incidents. To be successful in this role and to always provide a high level of customer service, you should have a solid background in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop computers, laptops and printers in a mixed Windows 7, Windows 10, MacOS environment. The NorthWest Regional IT Team is focused on responding quickly to day-to-day Service Desk activities, which includes, but not limited to: hands-on computer troubleshooting, support for mobile and remote staff, configuring and troubleshooting network devices, supporting AV equipment in meeting spaces, and maintenance/moving of computer equipment.
The candidate must be able to work effectively and efficiently as the singular IT specialist for the San Jose office. The Regional IT team members are in the San Francisco and Oakland offices, and will assist as needed.
* Customer service is a high priority.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
* Either A+ Certification or Network+ Certification is required, CCENT or CCNA certification is a plus.
* Macintosh OS experience is highly regarded.
* Minimum 3 years of proven experience in an IT Service Desk position (or closely related job function).
* Minimum 3 years of proven experience with server/storage technologies (such as Windows Server 2012 and higher, Active Directory Management, scripting knowledge).
* Proven experience with network technologies (such as knowledge of IP troubleshooting, wireless configurations, management of data closets/server rooms)
* This position requires heavy lifting. Must be able to disconnect, lift and relocate desktop computers, laptops, monitors, and various IT equipment around the office desks and the server rooms.
* Train end-users (either in a one-on-one setting or presentation-style meeting) as needed in various software products such as best practices with Outlook, or how to use a newly deployed application.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.