IT Storage Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG is proud to foster a high-performance culture, one that's defined by having the best people, with the skills and determination to deliver above and beyond. We look for insightful, astute forward-thinking professionals who are also strategic, confident, globally minded and an out-of-the-box thinker. Our KPMG Technology organization conceptualizes, delivers, and supports the technology that our clients, partners and professionals need to succeed. We are driven to reduce risk, enable mobile and productive teams, and identify efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of our collective clients every day globally and via mobile. We are currently seeking a Manager, Enterprise Storage and Backup to join our KPMG Technology Group in our Montvale, NJ office.
- Provide technical insight, strategic direction, peripheral vision and ongoing operations management for the Enterprise Storage and Back Up team
- Performance management for a team of highly skilled storage and back-up engineers and operational staff
- Interface with Business Clients and Enterprise Architecture teams to evaluate business requirements in the early stages of projects to determine technologies, implement system architectures, and service offerings that should be employed to meet business objectives efficiently
- Work with technical and project teams across the IT organization to implement Enterprise Storage and Back Up solutions that are optimized with configurations to meet current and anticipated business needs
- Conduct presentations, work with project teams, and authorize content aimed at educating others about our standards, strategies, and otherwise defined best practices, including establishing, documenting, and communicating technology standards
- Produce metrics and status reports to present infrastructure performance and work initiative progress to leadership
- Minimum seven years of experience managing teams supporting various Enterprise Class Solutions and services including Storage (EMC - Clarion CX series, VNX7500 (block and file), Symmetrix - Vmax, Celerra NS Series, Centera, etc. ), EMC ECC/Ionix, Cisco SAN Fabric, Veritas NetBackup, Data Domain, Enterprise Tape and disk based back-up infrastructure, VERITAS Volume Manager, EMC PowerPath, Multi-pathing configuration, Fail-Over, Replication
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with technologies such as Cisco UCS, VMware ESX virtualization including both Server and Desktop hosting, Citrix/Xen App/Xen Server/Xen Desktop, VMware View, related VDI technologies including session brokers, server operating systems and hardware (Windows 2003 to current versions, Solaris 9-10)
- Full project/product life cycle management experience; ability to handle mid to large projects and support incidents with little to no guidance
- Technical expertise across various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues/problems and interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution to both hardware and software problems
- Ability to help manage/train/interface with various technology departments
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .