IT Strategic Procurement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Drives complex IT software and telecom procurement strategy development; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
* May lead an international, cross-functional team
* Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
* Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
* Leads Supplier Selection Activities. Drives supply base optimization. Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
* Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers. Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
* Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies. Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
* Identifies challenging contract risk areas. Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions. Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk areas.
* Influences a large supply base across multiple business units.* Typically interacts with Directors and VPs.
* Scope can be located at the country, regional, or global level, within multiple business units, or within a functional area.* Education and Experience Required
** Masters university degree or equivalent education/experience.
* Knowledge and Skills Required
** Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills. Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
* Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities. Strong Project Management Skills
* Excellent team leadership and influencing skills
* Mastery in English and local language
* Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized contract templates with limited supervision. Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas. Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision. Strong understanding of contracting principles. Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
* Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
* Strong understanding of HP business units and HP business strategy.
* Excellent cultural knowledge of supplier locations
* Excellent Industry and Market knowledge in function area
* Supply Chain and Operations
* IT Strategic Procurement Manager
* Requisition ID:
* Other Locations:
* United States-Washington-Vancouver, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-California-Palo Alto, Mexico-Jalisco-Guadalajara, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Idaho-Boise