IT Strategic Vendor Management Lead (Food & Beverage)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Task Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMy client in Camden, NJ is seeking an IT Strategic Vendor Management Lead. My client is a Large Consumer Products Company.
My client is seeking a person who considers themselves to be a STRATEGIC VISIONARY IT VENDOR MANAGEMENT LEADER - someone who understands the Vision of the company and leverages large technology vendors - - a VISIONARY/STRATEGIC Leader who can leverage large IT Vendors (such as SAP, Microsoft) to drive new _INNOVATION_ and concepts.
This role is Reporting to the CIO with 4 direct reports.
IT STRATEGIC VENDOR MANAGEMENT LEAD
Develops, formalizes and directs relationships with one or more strategic IT vendors. Identifies appropriate relationships in conjunction with internal customers and vendors to drive proper alignment on business and operational topics. Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IT stakeholders and executive leadership. Develops framework for interactions between the vendor and the business. Ensures that requirements are well-communicated and well-understood, and clearly defines expectations from the business. Manages escalation and arbitration of relationship and operational issues if other avenues fail. Manages and measures performance of the overall relationship between internal customers and strategic vendors Collaborates with key stakeholders in the business to establish, prioritize and track strategic requirements to be communicated to vendors. Helps establish common goals between key stakeholders and strategic vendors. Ensures effective communication between the organization and each strategic vendor.
Complexity and Scope:
* The individual should demonstrate the capacity to understand complex issues and initiatives and should be able to sustain communication on these topics with business- and technology-savvy individuals.
* Ability to work collaboratively with vendors and internal customers to build a framework for strategic vendor relationships
* Ability to create and manage incentives that drive vendor behaviors
* Ability to bridge communication between the IT organization and its business customers, with a focus on developing an understanding of how to drive greater value from vendor relationships
* Ability to understand and manage technical requirements and processes in the context of customer demand in a strategic engagement
* Interpersonal relationship strengths for managing disputes and driving changes in vendor behaviors, and creating a working environment where vendors receive incentives to change behaviors to meet expectations and performance goals
* Ability to manage across organizational boundaries, with the goal of understanding political drivers and influencers
* Ability to understand internal customer and vendor business goals and strategies with the intent of establishing and managing to a common set of goals
* Strong negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills
* Basic understanding of the technology or services delivered by the vendor
* Strong knowledge of the vendor, its market, its competitors and market trends (desired)
* Understanding of best practices and the methodologies and processes used for this category of IT vendor
* Understanding of potential issues (political, influence) internally and within vendor organizations
* Understanding of internal decision making and the decision making that occurs among vendors
* Understanding of vendor motivations, strategic plans and market challenges
* Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties
* Training in, and experience with, collaborative techniques, team building, dispute resolution and communication (highly desired)
* Proven experience in the management of key business projects and initiatives, as well as experience in negotiating or managing vendor relationships
* Strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
* Knowledge of market trends in contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management, and innovations
Education: Bachelor's degree (preferably in an analytical field (such as general business, economics, psychology, computer science, mathematics, statistics or finance)Length of Experience: 7-10 years
If you consider yourself to be a " _STRATEGIC/VISIONARY INNOVATIVE LEADER_ " in IT Vendor Management, we want to hear from you!! Please submit resume in MS Word format. My client will consider candidates who want and can relocate.