IT Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an IT Support Specialist based at our location in Independence, OH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward?
As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining a variety of Airgas technology systems and equipment. The primary function of this position is to provide second- and third-tier support to end users as well as support to tier-one Technicians in a Help Desk Environment.
The IT Support Specialist provides immediate solutions when possible, furnishes feedback to the end user, and informs other IT staff of reoccurring problems and issues that are impacting multiple users. These activities are primarily focused on ensuring the IT equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs and security standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides technical support functions for the Division's end users for all PC, hardware, software and IT infrastructure related issues; including activities relating to systems administration, computer installation, computer upgrades, computer repair, patch management, security administration, user administration, monitoring, system tuning, trouble shooting, capacity planning, printer (shared & personal) administration, asset tracking (servers, storage, PCs, printers, etc), vendor management, data backup and restore, and disaster recovery.
* Loads software packages such as Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office and any other pre-approved applications. Troubleshoots hardware and software conflicts and make repairs or adjustments as necessary.
* Instructs and assists users in use of computer equipment, software and manuals. Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and approved applications. Assists with managing and creating group policies and associated scripts related to PC usage.
* Administers LAN equipment, such as switches, routers, etc. Maintains and configures shared network printers and personal printers.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with end users at all levels within the organization, both remotely and in-person. Interacts effectively with the Airgas Central Help Desk (level I) providing professional and effective IT support to Division personnel and with the Airgas IT Security team to execute IT security projects and implement IT security best practices
* Develops and updates technical documentation, diagrams and standard operating procedures. Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software inventory for each site supported
* Manages vendor relationships and Division IT related service contracts, as appropriate. Maintains service levels for internal customers to ensure the agreed upon targets and standards are met.
* Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
* Works with or acts in the capacity of (if needed) project management to perform specific required IT tasks for acquisitions, new builds and site refreshes.
* Continues personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Bachelor degree required in Computer Science or related IT field. (In lieu of degree requirement, may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3 years' experience as a PC Technician in Microsoft operating system environment, including experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, MS Office, Anti-Virus software and MS SharePoint I n lieu of experience, may consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and collectively.
* Exceptional organization, time management, customer service, project estimating and problem solving skills. Must be willing to commit to a nominal level of travel.
* Ability to promote collaboration, coordination, and teamwork across organizational boundaries. Displays a strong personal commitment to successfully managing and completing all aspects of projects.
* Results oriented with the ability to push self and others for results. Able to achieve results through formal channels and the informal network.
* Ability to design practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; can impact people and results remotely.
* Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
* Ability to use time effectively and efficiently; can attend to a broader range of activities; handles multiple demands and competing priorities effectively.
* Broad technical knowledge of Domain Name Systems (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), TCPIP (Transmission Control Protocol), with a basic understanding of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability