IT Support Specialist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for user support and network administration on Community of Hope supported computer applications and platforms, troubleshooting problems and taking the appropriate action. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responds to requests for technical assistance in person or via phone or email;
* Provides Tier 1 and 2 technical support to all users;
* Manages and maintains Microsoft Domain GPO, Print Services, File Rights and basic network services;
* Logs issues and documents resolutions;
* Maintains adequate stock of IT supplies;
* Serves as liaison between staff and IT service contractor;
* Creates network user accounts, email accounts, and sets access permissions for new personnel;
* Coordinates Special IT projects when assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or equivalent experience;
* 1-2 years of experience in support and network administration;
* Excellent troubleshooting techniques;
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills;
* Superior customer service skills;
* Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and to manage work under tight deadlines;
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For 35 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless families in Washington, DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post's 150 Top Workplaces in 2014 and 2016. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
To learn more about us check out our website here.